What’s the name of your coop?

I wish our sign was bigger but I still like it! :cool:

20220908_085607.jpg

20220908_085557.jpg

???

Possibly a regional thing? A coop (pronounced to rhyme with hoop) is a building for chickens to live in. Also known as a hen house but that is rarely used around here.

A small cage for transporting chickens is a crate. Or a chicken crate. Or a poultry crate. Or a poultry shipping crate.

We had a couple like this wooden one and one like this plastic one only ours was yellow.
Definitely regional. Where I had lived all my previous life, I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. In my new digs, those became breakfast, dinner, supper. Very confusing!

The Chicken Wing. A hospital theme complete with a ward (roosts) OB/ICU/Peds (nests, broody crate, brooder) and PT (run).

I’m Dr. Mom (my teens and their friends called me that for years but I’m also the janitor here, so... ), the head hen is Hatchet (aka Big momma) and Spatch (cockerel) is the unit manager.

Presently, Peds is full with 2 pending discharges (cockerels to be culled), OB is slow with two layers and ICU is closed due to low census.
PT is very busy and all are making good progress. Livvy, a wonderful pullet graduated PT after she successfully completing her PT goal of conquering the giant pumpkin perch (flew up to the roof of jeep).

😜
:clap:clap:clapLove this! You win for having the most creative theme so far! Or would, if I were a judge!

Back
Top Bottom