What’s up with these eggs?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all!

I got some super weird eggs. Never seen anything like this before. They are kinda old, all between roughly 1-3 weeks old. I decided to incubate them (long story why I had them for so long..) and I’ve never seen this before. One has a double air cell it looks like, and another had a blood vessel ring, (which is normal, right?) but I haven’t seen any development or movement from the chick, but the ring is still growing!! Others look like maybe the yolk inside broke, but it still looks like there are some blood vessels in there. I don’t get it, but here’s some pictures. Maybe 60% of the eggs are normal. I don’t get it. The normal ones do seem to have a lot of blood vessels, more than I’ve usually seen in other eggs.
Thanks in advance for any insight on these weird eggs!

E24A5A7A-2011-4D9A-AD02-B7BA548B2E55.jpeg

Not seeing any movement or development on this chick, but the blood vessels keep growing. It’s so weird and kinda creepy..

57D7D676-47DC-4983-A625-65669D74E520.jpeg

This is one like the first one but I’m not sure if the red ring is growing or not.

980EBA58-8A4D-4FF6-9034-0DB61F594941.jpeg

There’s a little blood vessel growth but nothing from what I’m thinking is the chick in the bottom right of the egg.

0E981861-A7D9-4837-802C-7A67AF852048.jpeg

This one has me baffled. The chick is moving, there are blood vessels, and it seems to be developing, but what’s up with that air cell?!?! Do you think this chick will make it?

And..last but definitely not least, this one freaks me out the most! Yes, the egg does look very greenish in person. It looks like some sort of weird monster in there! And no, the video is not sped up.

What on earth is going on?! They are so weird!
Thank you in advance!

The blood ring means it’s dead. A healthy developing embryo will have veins coming out of it kind of like a spiderweb. The third one doesn’t look good to me either. The fourth looks ok besides the saddled air cell. I can’t get the video to play for me so idk about the last one. What day are they supposed to be on in incubation?

The blood ring means it’s dead. A healthy developing embryo will have veins coming out of it kind of like a spiderweb. The third one doesn’t look good to me either. The fourth looks ok besides the saddled air cell. I can’t get the video to play for me so idk about the last one. What day are they supposed to be on in incubation?
Thank you! That what I figured with the first 3, but it’s weird that the one is still growing. I’ll try to upload the video again. I think it’s day 8 or 9.

Is there anything we could possibly due to correct the saddled air cell? Should we plan on assisting if it survives closer to hatch time?
Thank you!

I think the problem with the video is on my end. My internet is pretty slow so sometimes videos don’t work. I don’t have enough experience with saddled air cells to advise, but hopefully someone else can help with that one.

Back
Top Bottom