What’s with how cheap eBay incubators are?

Yeah that is a really good point. I think I will do that. What is the capacity of the NR360? And does that have auto turning? I forgot
Willow is right, holds 22 and auto turns. It's forced air. You'll have to check it with a calibrated thermometer/salt tested hydrometer of course, but the built in readout is usually decent. I just know it's sad to buy expensive eggs and be all excited, then watch them all die in a faulty incubator. I've had no losses due to the NR since I got it in March.

Willow is right, holds 22 and auto turns. It's forced air. You'll have to check it with a calibrated thermometer/salt tested hydrometer of course, but the built in readout is usually decent. I just know it's sad to buy expensive eggs and be all excited, then watch them all die in a faulty incubator. I've had no losses due to the NR since I got it in March.
Oh yeah I’ve definitely been there. I have a smaller size of yescom (24) and I only got 2 hatch out of 21, and one had lung problems.

Just did some research. I think the janoel 12 is a bit too small for me. I’m not really a beginner at hatching, but it is something to consider still. With the nr360, how do you adjust humidity?
There’s ports to add water on the outside to the wells in the bottom. The vent opening is adjustable to help control it as well. There’s a built in hygrometer that’s usually fairly accurate, though you are going to want to double check it with a calibrated one.

Just did some research. I think the janoel 12 is a bit too small for me. I’m not really a beginner at hatching, but it is something to consider still. With the nr360, how do you adjust humidity?
There are external water ports you can add water in, and there's a ventilation hole on top. It usually stays around 50% with port A half filled, but I like to run around 40% so I don't put much water in mine.
I used to have the Janoel. I really disliked it. Once I ran a few batches I figured it out and it ran amazingly for a few months, with almost all 100% hatch rates, then it crapped out and killed everything. It randomly spiked to 106 one day and killed several of my day 16 chicks. Thus it retired. I've heard very similar stories from many others with Janoels.

My incubator works perfectly at a year. It’s one of these, the temp will not fluctuate even if the lid isn’t completely closed and it can hold over 12 if you don’t use the auto egg turner, mine has 63 quail eggs + a bunch of chicken eggs. It’s also kinda cheap. I have hatched quail, chickens and ducks out of it. https://www.amazon.com/Incubator-Di...cfly+auto+egg+incubator&qid=1600970733&sr=8-4
This is the same as the Janoel, and is actually the exact same model as mine. It worked great for a while, though only 6 of my chicken eggs fit in the turner, but then it went berserk and killed everything I put in it.

So the only reason I’m still a little hesitant is that I’m also trying to save for a coop for ducks. This next hatch I was hoping to have a huge quantity, so I could keep some in the backyard. We just got rid of our puppy 😐and now we have backyard space. I miss her like crazy but yeah. Anyway, it’s a lot of stuff to buy and consider and now I feel the need to revise my incubator decisions

So the only reason I’m still a little hesitant is that I’m also trying to save for a coop for ducks. This next hatch I was hoping to have a huge quantity, so I could keep some in the backyard. We just got rid of our puppy 😐and now we have backyard space. I miss her like crazy but yeah. Anyway, it’s a lot of stuff to buy and consider and now I feel the need to revise my incubator decisions
So you're hesitant about buying an incubator? Or you are trying to save money for a duck coop? Is that right? Lol
Sorry about your puppy. :(
You want a huge quantity of chicks? If they're shipped eggs don't count on anything, but a good incubator would definitely make a difference.
I think I understand...

Sorry I know that was confusing. I fit everything into one sentence 🤣.
So I’m pretty young, I know you’re not supposed to say your age so I’ll just say I’m a teen. I don’t have much money because I’m not old enough for a job yet. Anyway, I’m hoping to hatch a big group of ducks to start a backyard farm, and obviously I need a coop, and my budget is about $160 for one, then I obviously need a good incubator, meaning I need to spend even more time doing research, and spend a little bit more money on a good incubator. Then I need the eggs, and since I don’t have any ducks yet I am buying them, so I’m basically just saying I have a lot of work to do

Back
Top Bottom