What’s wrong with their eyes?

@Wyorp Rock, when I posted this I believed my Ameraucana had coccidiosis. Since then she died, her brother died of very likely the same thing, and now my tiny Serama died from what looks to be the same thing. When I posted this it seemed like you thought she (the first Ameraucana) had something other than cocci, what did you think she had? I’ve begun to wonder the Ameraucanas had mycoplasma and that it may have spread to my serama. I’ve also been considering culling my flock because of all this, so before I actually do that (or before I stress myself out too much) what do you think has been going on?
Also, an added “symptom” of my Serama was that she was gasping the day and night before her death. I could also hear a clicking sound when she breathed. Any thoughts? :)
I'm sorry for your loss and that you're having so many troubles.
It's time to get some testing/necropsy done so you can get some answers.
I see that @Eggcessive has given you the links/information for that.

Sorry for your loss. It is impossible to tell why several chickens have died without having your state vet do a necropsy on a body. The body needs to be kept cold, but not frozen and take or sent to the lab as soon as possible. Here is a list of state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

I'm sorry for your loss and that you're having so many troubles.
It's time to get some testing/necropsy done so you can get some answers.
I see that @Eggcessive has given you the links/information for that.
Thank you both for answering! I would like to test and just get this over with, but I don’t have a ton of money to spare just to have someone tell me “Yeah… they’re all gonna die soon enough. Cull them.” and unless I’m mistaken these tests do cost $200 or so. So, thank you very much! Fowl pox also hit, so maybe this was a “tag team” of coccidiosis and the pox that killed a few lot the probably less strong birds. 🤞😊

Thank you both for answering! I would like to test and just get this over with, but I don’t have a ton of money to spare just to have someone tell me “Yeah… they’re all gonna die soon enough. Cull them.” and unless I’m mistaken these tests do cost $200 or so. So, thank you very much! Fowl pox also hit, so maybe this was a “tag team” of coccidiosis and the pox that killed a few lot the probably less strong birds. 🤞😊
You would have to call your lab to find out pricing. You don't have your state listed in your profile, so I can't look it up.
Every state is different, some offer services are reasonable prices while others are very expensive. A few states have free lab services, so it may be worth calling your lab and talking with the staff.

Back
Top Bottom