Attachments

• 5A5F96B6-13C0-4EE7-9F9A-A25BF47FDD3F.jpeg
    5A5F96B6-13C0-4EE7-9F9A-A25BF47FDD3F.jpeg
    465.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 7463065D-B57E-49C4-965E-953E60BD0CF7.jpeg
    7463065D-B57E-49C4-965E-953E60BD0CF7.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My favorite breeds are Welsh harlequin, Saxony, and Call ducks. I like Cayuga as well. I’ve only ever had WH’s, Saxony, and their crosses though.

Currently I have 2 Welsh Harlequins, 3 Saxony, and 3 welsh harlequin Saxony crosses.

My favorite breeds are Welsh harlequin, Saxony, and Call ducks. I like Cayuga as well. I’ve only ever had WH’s, Saxony, and their crosses though.

Currently I have 2 Welsh Harlequins, 3 Saxony, and 3 welsh harlequin Saxony crosses.
Cool!!

A favorite breed is pretty hard for me to choose.

I love my Saxony ducks. They are super social and curious and the first ones to look to for trouble. They are also are a bit of a guard duck. They will all start quacking loudly and follow cats until they leave and quack for a bit longer for good measure. But they also do this with squirrels 🙄. They are however very broody and hormonal during the breeding season. 5 out of 5 went broody this year. One has been broody for a couple months now. That is a bit of a downside to them.

My Muscovy are also super great. They are tough ducks and but can also be so gentle. They are pretty good characters and fun to watch. They really like discipline and order, unless they want to cause a bit of chaos. Then they are all about causing trouble. They are also super smart ducks, which is great and leads to some issues when they want to cause trouble. These guys then will also surprise me and put a problem duck in its place and try and create more harmony in the flock.

I also really like my Cayugas. They are the most social ducks I have and never went through that phase of humans are scary. They were just so friendly even as ducklings day 1 when we got them. I also really like how they whiten over time as they molt each year. I really like how they look.

I also really love my runners. They are adorable when they walk. They are great bug catchers and really determined foragers. They also get along with other ducks and just need an area to forage. I unfortunately have had more health issues with them, but that is likely my bad luck. One had a respiratory issue young, then she had a vent prolapses. Another one has a slipped tendon that occured as an adult. Otherwise they are super sweet ducks and more likely to lay blue or green egg.

My khakis Campbell is very high energy and is always running around and foraging. She is super sweet and gets along really well with all my ducks. Despite being super small she is a bit of a firecracker. I just got two new ones that are older ducklings. They are a bit skiddish, but super sweet when I have to hold them. They also just really want to be with other ducks.

My swedish are also a favorite. They are just so relaxed and chill ducks. They enjoy foraging, but also enjoy relaxing. They like to do their own things at times but enjoy being with the others in the flock too. They also will defend the other ducks from bullying sometimes. They are a bit more quirky.

My Pekin is probably my least favorite. They have sweet disposition and lay a ton of eggs. But they require a lot more care. I am down to one now. She requires daily calcium because she never took a break from laying and never molted last year. I am hoping she will take a break this year. She also had bumblefoot and her feet will never be same again. She is quirky, but too many health issues with them.

Dutch Hookbills are definitely my favorite. I love how docile they are, how they have so much personality and of course their stunning bills. Runners are a close second. These two Hookbills are from this year's first hatch:
PXL_20220625_010953654.MP~2.jpg

This little Hookbill was the only one to make it from the last hatch so she's been spending her days with me inside waiting on her new friends to arrive this coming week (Female Blue Runner, Female Fawn & White Runner and Female Buff):
AirBrush_20220701112931.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom