What a beautiful day!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarefootMom, Sep 14, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    When I finally got around this morning, the sun was coming up through the clouds, it was so beautiful. The weather this morning was a crisp 54 degrees and it made it perfect. The calves were bawling waiting on me to bring me their morning milk, the roosters were crowing, my mama duck and her ducklings were roaming the yard. My kittys were jumping and playing in the Sunflower patch. It just made me feel at peace with my life. Then both my kids came running out the house and were laughing and chasing each other. Thank You Lord, for giving us all that we have. You painted a beautiful picture for me this morning.

Took some pics of the sunrise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these are my sunflowers- took these pics a few days ago: (note: all these are wild)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mama Duck:
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone has an equally beautiful day!

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    WOW!!! Awesome pics! [​IMG]

The ducks are beautiful. [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful pictures! I love the one with the mama and baby ducks!

4. BarefootMom

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I know I love the baby ducklings!

Oh how I love taking pictures!

5. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Oh, thank you so much for sharing those beautiful pics. I love your sunflowers and the momma duck and babies are just adorable. Just awesome. You truly have been blessed with a wonderful morning.[​IMG]

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

The only thing missing from this post is Louie Armstrong singing "What a wonderful World". I had a giggle out of the duck pic. Who is that BIGGER duckling following the mama and the little ones??? That is so cute. A baby Huey in the bunch!!!! [​IMG]

7. BarefootMom

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Quote:It is actually a heartwarming story and shows you that mother nature does surprise us if we let it her take her course!
    I had a broodie that I didn't know about (see thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557822) Well something happened to her and 1 of her ducklings, leaving an orphan. I tried for 2 days to catch the little orphan, but it kept going under the hen house where I couldn't reach it. My other broody muscovy was sitting on 6 eggs in a dog house in the corner of the chicken yard. SHE adopted the duckling, but didn't abandon her nest (which I was afraid she would do and had the incubator ready to go). She sat for 2 more weeks while taking care of the adopted duckling. She had 3 eggs hatch, but only 1 survived. So now she had 1 older and 1 new duckling to take care of. The next week I go outside to her peeping in the doghouse...I look in there and there are 2 newly hatched ducklings!! So now Super Momma has 4 ducklings that are 3 different ages!

8. toochicky

toochicky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    oregon
    Very pretty pics [​IMG]

9. BarefootMom

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Turned out to be in the 50's and rainy, but nonetheless I really enjoyed this day.

Now hopefully I will enjoy this evening at school- blah. Test in one class, Speech prep in another, and word problems in Intermediate Algebra...trying to look on the bright side! lol

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by