What? A DUCK

Marlinchaser

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
MERRY LAND
HPIM0504.jpg

HPIM0502.jpg

I dont do ducks, and dont know ducks, but somehow I now have a duck. What kind of duck is this??? It hatched out of a green shell, Looking at Mcmurrey website I cant really tell, any guesses???

your duck is really cute. wonder if it is a kaki campbell?? or could be a mallard? I really I don't know!!! Cute though! My pekins lay whitish eggs.
maybe someone knows! I know foot color helps with identifying!

wow is that the duck you hatched for me
lol.png
i bet your kids are having a great time with a new type of animal around !

Henry

Cayugas lay black to green to gray to dirty white eggs. It could be a mix with a Cayuga mother. Cayugas are black usually though. They are the counter part to Pekins really and they are actually threatened in the wild.
It doesnt look like a Cayuga in color but I dont know any other egg that is "colored" for ducks.
Hope it works out well. Ducks arent' hard and they make great pets. They tend to be a bit nasty though!

the body looks muscovy,but i havent seen this head coloration on one before. Is the tail looking like a beavers tail and large cat like claws? does it quck?. Could be a khaki campell-muscovy hinnie.

Definitly not a rouen, although mine did lay green eggs but that just doesn't look like a rouen baby to me. It looks like a Khaki Campell IMHO.

My scovies lay white eggs, so I doubt its one of those.

It's not a khaki, khakis are dark chocolate brown as babies, with no face markings. If it is muscovie or a muscovie cross it would take 32-35 days to hatch so that would be obvious. It looks like a saxony or buff duck to me.

Back
Top Bottom