What a good roo

Chick_in_Indiana

Songster
12 Years
Dec 14, 2007
NE Indiana
Last night I was in the coop and saw something a little weird. My EE was in her nesting spot then my roo came over and went in there w/ her.
hu.gif
A min later she came out and he was in the nest making a lite purring sound. He moved a few things around and then got out and she went back in. She sat down, made a few noises and then came back out. Then he goes in again and fixes a few things and then lets her back in again. Aparently she was happy w/ the nest this time and then laid her egg.
I have seen him follow the hens into the coop before but never paid to much attention. Does anyone else have a roo this sweet?
I wish I could get my husband to make the bed.

My Roo does the same thing. I think sometimes he coos her and WANTS her to lay the egg. We keep laughing saying that he wants a family!

Ray the Rooster always follows the girls in to tidy up the nest for them. I have caught him also sitting on the eggs. Hes a great rooster
smile.png

I hope that my boy is as good as all of yours once my hens start to lay. He's been great so far, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he stays this way!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom