What age can I start feeding ducklings peas?

Thanks! I should know by now to check the stickies
idunno.gif

My juv' ducklings looove peas. They also really loved finely shredded carrot. I give sparingly, but when they hear the grater working they get to wagging their little duckling butts (it's so cute) and quacking very loud. We float both treats in a shallow dish of water.

Ooops, didn't know I should have waited until 4 wks - my two IR's are now 3 & 4 weeks and they've been having peas for the past 5 days.
idunno.gif

My ducks have been eating thawed peas in their pool since about 2 weeks old. I just thaw them and dump then in the pool and they all jump in and go nuts.

Im wondering how much and how often my ducklings can have peas!!??? I had read somewhere that greens were unlimited and they could have as much as they wanted...... is this accurate?? What should I do?? I'm still new to this I hatched my 4 ducklings out of a homemade incubator so they are definitely my babies and very special to me.....

Just small amounts to start with and they will have to either be cut up or smashed. Once they are close to a week old put some nice warm water in the tub drop the thawed peas in and let the ducklings have at it. They love diving for peas.

They have done great with there peas since they were like a 1-2 weeks old and i never had to cut or smash ...and i did and do provide grit .....but honestly mine would eat a half bag at least between the 4 of them if i let them!!!! So im wondering what would be the max amount of peas or any veggie i guess that they can get at a time .....??!?!? They looove the shredded zucchini and acorn squash i have given them i shed it up with the really small grater but ive only been giving a little at a time cuz i domt want to over do it but they would GLaDLY eat more.....ive also been keeping a chart of everything they try and how much they like it!! Based this off of the "ULTIMATE DUCK TREAT LIST" i found on a different thread here.....thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and respond to me!!! Ive done countless hours of research and reforum reading to ensure that im doing everything i can to provide my babies with as best of care as i can!!!

Back
Top Bottom