What age did your rooster crow?

I put my roosters that crow in a sleep-y night box and then let them out during the day, and the get a crow collar.
Does the crow collar work? I've been thinking of getting one for when my roo starts crowing. He's currently 13 weeks old and hasn't thought about crowing yet.

I definitely don't want neighbors complaining about the noise, because I don't want to re-home or have to eat him.

This is the basement baby, the problem child in the making, Dick. His proper name is Richard sometimes even little Richard even though he isn't so much anymore.
He's been doing "something" since he was about three weeks.
It sounds like awooo just high pitched and squeaky. I thought they were hurting each other in the brooder.
He's twice the size of his favorelles brothers and popped his comb in about a week. He is that kid in 6th grade that had a full beard.
And he really, really, really loves me so i'm in trouble.:lau
20190521_134334.jpg
20190517_085400.jpg
20190417_174158.jpg
20190403_142014.jpg

Last edited:
I like the chick pics.

I use crow collars, they work, but they still crow, but not as loud or as often, I also put my roosters away in what I call a sleepy box at night, it is a nest size box,with air holes but darker, and more confining, and they cannot stretch their necks, just so you don't have rooster crowing a 4am.

Whatever works as long as your boys arern't uncomfortable.
I'm really glad my guys can crow their butts off, it would take a mighty big sleepy box to do the job. :)
I like the chick pics.

I use crow collars, they work, but they still crow, but not as loud or as often, I also put my roosters away in what I call a sleepy box at night, it is a nest size box,with air holes but darker, and more confining, and they cannot stretch their necks, just so you don't have rooster crowing a 4am.

Back
Top Bottom