What age do OEGB cockerels get their full colours?

I've been meaning to update how our little man is going. He's still very cute and has only crowed once (when our son was having a major meltdown about a game on the ipad). šŸ¤£ I've lost track of how old he is - I think he's almost 13 weeks old now.
A handful of cuteness (2).jpg
He's still just a handful

Fox and the cat.jpg
Trying to take on the cat (who is most uninterested in chickens and just wants pats)

Sunshine Squeaks.jpg
Fox.jpg
Enjoying the sunshine with his sister

Colours.jpg
Love those colours! šŸ˜

Fox is 14 weeks old now and almost completely feathered in. One of our older bantams challenged him yesterday and it was hilarious. He fought back, scooting underneath her when she jumped, and he ended up winning. She is at least 3 times as big as he is (she's a bantam wyandotte). I wished I'd had my camera.
Fox 14 weeks.jpg

His sister, Squeaks, got challenged by one of our older hens today and she's so sweet she didn't understand what was happening and just ran away.

Fox is 14 weeks old now and almost completely feathered in. One of our older bantams challenged him yesterday and it was hilarious. He fought back, scooting underneath her when she jumped, and he ended up winning. She is at least 3 times as big as he is (she's a bantam wyandotte). I wished I'd had my camera.
View attachment 2277035
His sister, Squeaks, got challenged by one of our older hens today and she's so sweet she didn't understand what was happening and just ran away.
Wait... he looks a lot like my Pin used to.
I always thought that Pin was a Silver Dutch Bantam... could he have been an OEGB? Here he is:
DSC_5901.JPG

And as a chick:
DSC_5204.JPG

Sorry to hijack the thread so suddenly. I've been wondering about this for a little while.

View attachment 2277035
He's very handsome, by the way! A little lady-killer, he is. šŸ„°

Wait... he looks a lot like my Pin used to.
I always thought that Pin was a Silver Dutch Bantam... could he have been an OEGB? Here he is:
View attachment 2277040

And as a chick:
View attachment 2277042

Sorry to hijack the thread so suddenly. I've been wondering about this for a little while.

Pin is beautiful! šŸ„° I just love these little guys. They have so much personality and are such posers, even the girls. I don't think we have the Dutch bantams in New Zealand but aren't they supposed to have white earlobes?

Fox 16 weeks.jpg

This is our little guy at 16 weeks. The breeder confirmed that he is a Golden Duckwing and we got to visit her and see one of her Golden Duckwing boys. He's going to be gorgeous. He'll develop a brown patch just before his saddle feathers so it'll be interesting to see how long that takes.

Back
Top Bottom