What age does the peeping turn to clucking?

Quote:
New chicken owner here, but my rooster does....the clucking came before the crowing
wink.png

My flock will be five weeks old tomorrow. Only one, the Cinnamon Queen (and the alpha for sure) is clucking at all and she just started. Most of the time she peeps, but if she gets ruffled she will let out with a soft "BOCKabarglebargle" noise. Then back to peeping.

They will gradually go from peeping to clucking between six and eight weeks in, but their "speech patterns" will begin to mimic the adult ones sooner than that.

Mine started around 6 weeks old and they are 12 weeks now and that is all they do. I do have one younger baby that is about 4 weeks and she is starting to now I think she is just copying what she hears.

Ah just about now then for me - thought so. My 4 were born (sorry hatched) on 6th July. Just seem to be making a different noise lately.
Thanks.
Dave.

Mine are 4mths and definitely have been clucking for awhile, they make quite a few noises actually some i didn't expect, they'll talk to you though, if you do chicken speak
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom