What age to give yogurt?

I can't wait to go get some yogurt and try this.

tongue.png

The powder? I saw it at amazon but it isn't a prime-eligible item so I didn't think I'd get it quick. Even if I ordered it today it wouldn't be here before Wednesday at the earliest. I might hit the farm store tomorrow and see if they have it. They have a whole section of equine stuff and it looks like that's partly what this probios is for...

Yes, the powder. It wasn't prime shipped. They were just super fast shippers. The seller was in Wisconsin and I live in Minnesota, so it didn't have to travel far.

Just a side note. I recently had to work to get my chickens GI tracts back on track after my SD inadvertently gave them medicated feed and everyone got the runny poo's.

Some (human grade) acidophulus tablets, ground up and added to a bowl of plain yogurt and cooked oatmeal really did the trick to get everyone looking good again.

No luck with the farm store so I'll have to order it and wait. I'll do that tonight. Can I put this plus the vitamins in the water at the same time? Can I put ACV in the water along with all this stuff? I don't want to overload it with stuff but I want them to be healthy and the water seems to be the most consistent route.

Your feed store doesn't sell "Sav- A- Chick"? That's where I bought some.

BTW, is pasty butt when they have a hard poo STUCK with industrial strength power on their rear? I CAN'T get this track of poo off of Roxy's butt. She freaks out. I have tried wetting the area, but she'd have to be like Madge (Palmolive) and "soak in it" to get it soft. It is ridiculous. I feel like a moron trying to sooth this baby bird who probably thinks I'm a sadist, as I unsucessfully try to pick at her butt.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I do use AVC as well. The AVC will keep the water dish from getting real slimy too. I personally don't think it's an overload. My chicks are very healthy right now and they look great. I use all three in the water. If they have pasty butt you may want to lessen the vitamin dosage until it clears up. I read somewhere that too much vitamins cause pasty butt. I don't know if it's true or not. The AVC will help keep intestinal worms away. The AVC also speeds up feather growth, reduces inflammation, helps balance the ph level in their bodies, ect...

ok thanks. I just gave them fresh vitamin water but I'll give a half dose of the vitamins next time. Is there any special ACV I need to buy or is Heinz ok?

I have one chick with a poopy butt. I tried cleaning it with olive oil today but couldn't get it all. I'll try again each day and maybe eventually it'll come off. At any rate she's good and greased up so maybe it won't get any worse. She sure was picking at it after I was done.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom