What am I doing here???? Incubator advice?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stcroixusvi, Dec 30, 2011.

1. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    I asked myself that question when I was looking on the baby chicks forum, and now I've wandered over here. Now I know how to tell a fertile egg from an unfertile one, thank you! Every time I crack one open, I think, there....could have incubated that one. And then I read the thread on the Bra Incubator and briefly entertained that wild idea. So, my next purchase is going to be a small incubator (not a sports bra [​IMG] ). What brand incubator do you recommend? I only want a small one for a dozen or so eggs.

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think Brinsea is the most popular.

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    When you realize your 12 egg incubator is not big enough and you now want a 42 egg or 180 egg unit, be sure to come visit at the incubator anonymous thread! Of course you are welcome now to come visit, we are hatch a holics and one incubator is not enough!

Your question is often asked, try the search feature to find old threads on the subject. Many good models to pick from. Welcome to hatching!

4. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    I found one just after I posted - and did see the recommendation for Brinsea. Must save my egg money! By the way, I have already lurked on the anon thread [​IMG]

What do people do with all the extra chicks? Sell them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by