what am I missing about hawks?

In the US, I use what is called deer netting made of the same albeit heavier material like for bird netting used to protect fruits. A normal-sized rooster that is fully mature and not in molt will typically bump heads successfully with the much smaller Cooper's Hawk going after juveniles the rooster think are part of his flock. Have have one three breeds (American Games, American Dominiques and another in development that is a cross between the two former breeds). This may be a reason just to have something like a Jersey Giant Rooster to make the smaller Cooper's Hawks from investing must effort.

In the US, I use what is called deer netting made of the same albeit heavier material like for bird netting used to protect fruits. A normal-sized rooster that is fully mature and not in molt will typically bump heads successfully with the much smaller Cooper's Hawk going after juveniles the rooster think are part of his flock. Have have one three breeds (American Games, American Dominiques and another in development that is a cross between the two former breeds). This may be a reason just to have something like a Jersey Giant Rooster to make the smaller Cooper's Hawks from investing must effort.
My friends Dominique and game rooster is a good protector and handsome too!

Back
Top Bottom