What am I? (MPC mystery chick1&2)

True Patriot

Sanity is subjective
May 20, 2018
Liberty Co, Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
Hello chicken land! My mystery chicks from MPC are now 5 weeks old.:D So far health has been excellent, not a single issue. I started with 10, unfortunately I am now down to 8. Had a bit of an issue with a hungry snake.:mad:
Learned some hard lessons from it and now moving on....
As I said, they're mystery chicks, especially to me. And I was hoping for some help solving. (Other posts will follow)
Chick #1:
KIMG0341.JPG
KIMG0342.JPG
KIMG0343.JPG

Chick#2:
KIMG0344.JPG
KIMG0345.JPG
KIMG0346.JPG

I apologise if the photo qualyis a little off. My guess is cockerel on both, but that is just from their interaction with one that I know is male. I still don't know what breeds.

Need to see leg color. The first looks like a Rhode island red, second may be an austrawhite. Give them another week or two to tell sexes.

The red one looks like a production red. No idea about the white bird, cute though! As of sex, i'd give it 2-3 more weeks for better guesses, but as of now, I see pullets. I have one red one that looked like a possible cockerel (red wattles, and some comb development), bully/dominant, when 4-5wo, ended up being a pullet. Post pics in 2-3 weeks again.

Back
Top Bottom