What am I?!!

Beaglemomof5

Songster
Jun 15, 2018
Opp, Alabama
D47FEFFA-51BD-4036-9CCC-1E6470F86B2D.jpeg
Can anyone tell me what breed my hen is? She’s very skittish too, will she calm down or is her breed known for not relaxing around humans? We’ve had her for about a month & she’s not relaxed any at all.

If that is the relationship you want, you have to hold them early and often. Each chicken has its own personality but, they imprint from a young age better. I have hens I bought at 2 1/2 years old that are comfortable being around me but don't want me to touch them.

I also have hens I raised form a couple days old that have been handled a lot. they are much better. Then there is "Grace" she might as well be a dog with feathers. She literally goes places with me. When I start the truck she starts talking. We went to Hardee's and got breakfast this morning. I put a towel down for her and she is good. The girl there is use to her and gives us peach pieces for her to eat on the way home...:lau:gig

She lays really small eggs that are light brown. We think she’s just started laying because we’ve only been getting them for about a week now & she got left out of the coop in the goat pen one night & we found her egg the next day is the only way we know that she’s the one that lays the small eggs. Just wondered what kind she might be. I think she’s beautiful!

She lays really small eggs that are light brown. We think she’s just started laying because we’ve only been getting them for about a week now & she got left out of the coop in the goat pen one night & we found her egg the next day is the only way we know that she’s the one that lays the small eggs. Just wondered what kind she might be. I think she’s beautiful!
She is beautiful. Mixed breeds are often the prettiest. New layers often lay small eggs, but they should get bigger with time.

Back
Top Bottom