1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What am i?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lostndawoods, Feb 28, 2009.

1. lostndawoods

lostndawoods New Egg

Mar 30, 2008
    Can anyone identify the chick on my page that has the stripes down its back?[​IMG]

2. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

No expert here, but it looks like an EE to me.

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

There are many different breeds that have stripes. EE, new hampshire reds, speckled sussix, brown leghorns, wyandottes, barnvelders. And that is only a few to name. Wait a bit longer then post pics of it when it is feathered out. Where did you get it from? Sometimes it helps to know where it came from. [​IMG]

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    what kind of comb?

5. lostndawoods

lostndawoods New Egg

Mar 30, 2008
    [​IMG] Thank you for the suggestions on the chick and in reply to some of your comments it was at the local co-op it was mixed in with a order of barred rocks and they just gave it to me cause they didn't know what it was and it has a smaller strait comb. And yes i normally keep my chicks on pine shavings but was out at the time i took the picture but rest easy they are back on their shavings and scratching and playing away. [​IMG]

6. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    nice! I wish i had chicks again. mine grew up long ago.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by