what am i?

chickenlady26

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
andlusia
I know he is a roo i have chicks off of him . but i don't know what he is. I think he is a cross of some kind. We got him at a sale he was bought with Buff Orb.HE has 5 toes and feathers on legs. i am new to this i will try to add
36316_chick_137.jpg

If not right please let me know. I want to learn how to add pics to post.

He might have orb in him because some of his chickc do trun out buff.
This is his mate.
36316_chick_141.jpg

this is one of the frist pullets off of him and her.
36316_chick_123.jpg

Thanks

Buff and red colours are in many breeds, so don't use colour as a way of distinguishing breed. It rarely is reliable. Now if someone breeds a bird with fushia bars and lime green polka dots, and confines it to one breed...

Anyways, the bird has 5 toes, limiting it to silkie, sultan, dorking, faverolle & houdan.

He appears to have a tassel crest, throwing out dorking and faverolle.

To me he looks like a silkie cross--any idea what other birds could have fathered him? He looks to have a rather brahma-like stance, but the comb is way wrong, and his foot colouring doesn't show a hint of yellow. But, he could be a 2nd or 3rd generation cross.

thank you for your in put. I don't know anything about where he came from . We got him has a chick from a sale barn. My hubby wanted to kill him with the other roos. But i wouldn't let him.His name his henry and i found him a hen.

Back
Top Bottom