What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PotterWatch, Apr 23, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hi, I am an adorable chick owned by people who have never had chickens before. They have no idea what breed I am and think I am suffering from breed confusion. Can anyone help me find my true identity?

[​IMG]

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I don't know, but she is beautiful!! [​IMG]

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I honestly can't tell.
    I was originally thinking Ameracauna, but then I saw the feet are not green.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

looks just like my babies that have been sworn to be RIRs. I know; I thought they'd be darker too, but they're supposed to get markedly darker as they get their permanent feathering. We'll see... [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ameraucanas have slate legs, except perhaps the white color. She could still be an Easter Egger, who do often have greenish-yellow legs or willow legs, but not always. Since Easter Eggers are mixed breed chickens, there is no standard for leg color. She seems to have slightly poufy cheeks in that pic, but it could just be the picture. Definitely NOT a RIR.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    She is a very pretty chick. Guess I don't really care what she is as long as she lays eggs!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008
  7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, the laying eggs part is the point, right, LOL? She's a cutie, whatever she is.

8. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I would love to have chickens that had that pattern as adults. Its juevinile plumage is beautiful! I agree with Cyn, I think its probably an EE.

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    O U Q-T
    U R A B-U-T!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by