What am I???

I'm sorry, I don't get the WH+br yw + Ee + Pipi stuff... If you could dumb it down for me :(
#1 is either a

Wh+Wh+ brbbrb Ywyw+ Ee+ Pipi+
Scarlet (italian) Tuxedo

or a

Wh+Wh+ brbbrb YwYw Ee+ Pipi+
Scarlet Manchurian Tuxedo

scarlet is:

homozygous wildtype at the "white" loci= Wh+Wh+

homozygous Roux at the "brown" loci = brbbrb

either heterozygous or homozygous at the "yellow" loci Ywyw+ or YwYw but not wildtype

heterozygous Tibetan at the "red" loci= Ee+

and carries the tux gene, heterozygous at the "pied" loci= Pipi+

Scarlets do not breed true because of the 1 copy of the gene at the "yellow" and "red" loci

breeding 2 scarlets would yield birds with 0, 1 and 2 copies of the genes at both the yellow and red loci

birds with 0 copies will be roux italians and roux manchurians, 1 copies are your scarlets (italian or manchurian) , 2 copies will give you a red (italian and manchurian)

much better pics, now #1 doesnt look scarlet (lighter red) anymore. but may have some roux in it. maybe roux split tibetan tuxedo?

did they all come from same pairing of parents? what were parents? may help.

#2 looks manchurian rosetta tuxedo

#3 tibetan tuxedo

each bird has 5 loci for colors, each loci has 3 possible combos, then they throw red head in with the red colors. giving the red loci 6 possible combos.

1st loci is white
2nd is brown
3rd yellow
4th red
5th pied/tuxedo gene

you figure out the combos at each loci and then you read left to right and add them all together...

math says there may be 3x3x3x3x3 total combos of US cot colors... some look the same, because of the "splits" which usually dont display the recessive allele on the loci and cause the red color overshadows the yellow, and then the red headed gene really doubles all possible combos, they either have it or not.

so visual colors, there are maybe 32, then the red head gene X2 = 64 possible color combos...

I actually don't know. Here is what I have.... I have two pens, I have Jumbo's wild type (male) with a Tibetan Tuxedo hen, Tibetan hens in one pen. Than I have a Manchurian rosetta tuedo Male ( He has white a bib that goes down a bit like chick #2), and he is with a Australian Fawn hen in another pen.
much better pics, now #1 doesnt look scarlet (lighter red) anymore. but may have some roux in it. maybe roux split tibetan tuxedo?

did they all come from same pairing of parents? what were parents? may help.

#2 looks manchurian rosetta tuxedo

#3 tibetan tuxedo

each bird has 5 loci for colors, each loci has 3 possible combos, then they throw red head in with the red colors. giving the red loci 6 possible combos.

1st loci is white
2nd is brown
3rd yellow
4th red
5th pied/tuxedo gene

you figure out the combos at each loci and then you read left to right and add them all together...

math says there may be 3x3x3x3x3 total combos of US cot colors... some look the same, because of the "splits" which usually dont display the recessive allele on the loci and cause the red color overshadows the yellow, and then the red headed gene really doubles all possible combos, they either have it or not.

so visual colors, there are maybe 32, then the red head gene X2 = 64 possible color combos...

Back
Top Bottom