what animals do you/can be breed for a "profit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a large asian/chinese population around you could breed silkies to sell them to them. Or sell balut , fertilized duck eggs with ducklings on dau 18 or so. If you have a large jamaican or mexican population goats could work. My jamaican neighbor loves curry goat. My friend from fl couldnt get enough goats to sell to the mexican population for cinco de mayo. My point is if you can cater to minority groups with special meat preferences.

Last edited:
I can make a profit breeding any animal. I will let ya' all in on how it's done.

Expenses come out of my husbands account.

Profit gets deposited into my account.

Talk about a fool proof plan
cool.png

there is money breeding pets? where?
I raise rabbits for show and fun, but for profit um no they cost me more to raise them then they bring back in.

Quote:
My goat profits have at least doubled this year and the economy is horrible! mini silkie fainters are big right now, the breed book is open, and they're minimal fuss, big fun!

Chickens may be one of your best bets. Just think of all the things you can sell from them. Eating eggs, hatching eggs, chicks, adult birds for laying or adults for eating! Not to mention chickens are great at taking care of themselves. They can be mass produced in incubators without the worry of needing a parent to feed them.
Of course you already knew all of that, BUT figured I'd point it all out
tongue.png

Caged birds would be great too if you're looking to sell to pet stores. But in tough times, you may find it harder to sell those fancy feathers, and some may require some special care on your part, considering the babies are born blind and rely on 'milk' (or at least that goes for cockatiels, budgies, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom