What animals have you ate, what kind would you like to try?

Show Me Chick

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
I'm curious as to what meats others consume and what they would try if they had the opportunity. So please share meat lovers!!!

Here is the list of animals I eat or have tried: Pig, cow, chicken, frog, squirrel, snake, buffalo, deer, dove, quail, turkey, duck, lamb, fish, elk, pheasant, rabbit, crustacean, turtle.

I can't think of anything else I've ate right now. Some of these meats I've tried but don't like are duck, snake and crustacean.
sickbyc.gif

These are the meats I would like to try: Moose, horse or zebra, antelope (I'm getting some antelope from a friend in Wyoming this weekend!)

Quote:
I've had (and sorry for partially plagiarizing but here we go)

Pig, cow, chicken, frog, squirrel, snake (rattler), buffalo, deer, dove, quail turkey, duck, lamb fish, elk, pheasant, rabbit, crabs, lobster, shrimp, turtle, moose, horse, antelope, alligator, shark, rat, dog, and I think once in Mexico City I had cat.

Not sure what I want to try other than a bangle tiger, elephant, sting ray.

Every meat has it's own preferred way of prep. I've had meat made one way I hated, and somebody snuck it to me made up a diff way and loved it... so
idunno.gif
Keep your mind open.

Boyd, What did the horse taste like? Someone told me it was real lean. My horses better not break a leg.
lol.png

Bear, elk, pronghorn antelope, elk, deer, moose, raccoon, rabbit(domestic, cottontail, jack), wood chuck, squirrel, wild mallard, wood cock, pheasant, grouse, snapping turtle, every type of fish I ever caught, blue claw crabs, mussels, clams, dungeness crabs, lobster, frog legs, chicken, guinea fowl, ducks, geese, beef, pork, lamb, I've never eaten horse, dog, cat, opossum, muskrat, but would given the opportunity. Well, maybe not cat and opossum.
lol.png

Quote:
lean and dry. Not something I would usually ask for, but not too unpleasant.

Cow, pig, chicken, turkey, various types of fish, bison, elk, whitetail deer, squid, octopus, shrimp, conch, rattlesnake, lizard (not sure what kind), alligator, turtle, goat, sheep, crabs, lobsters, scallops, probably something I'm forgetting ...

I'd like to try moose, caribou, horse, bear, pheasant and goose

Cow, pig, chicken, lamb, goat, rattlesnake, various fish, (shark, squid, octopus, etc.), quail, pheasant, deer, antelope, elk, moose, robin, bison, ostrich, alligator, turkey, duck and a few bugs while riding my motorcycle. I tried caribou and elk at fancy restaurants and they aren't as good as wild, hunted game. I'd like to try peafowl, goose, javalina, iguana, snails, and cougar. I like veggies too. I think pig (everything is better with bacon), bison and elk are my favs.

I had "bear stew" once when I stayed with my aunt in Wisconsin. She had been invited as a guest (and brought me along) to an "Honor the Earth" pow wow.

It was the most awesome experience of my life (the pow wow, not the bear stew). This wasn't open to the public and my aunt had been invited to thank her for work she had done for them (the Ojibwe tribe). It was dark. There was fire. There was music. There was dancing. It went to well after midnight. It was fantastic - and I've never seen anything like it before or since.

And then there was the bear stew. Did NOT like it at all. Very chewy and quite game-y. Guess I should have had the bear burger.

I've eaten:

cow
pig
bison
moose
duck
goose
chicken
rabbit
squirrel
bear
grouse
salmon
skate
octopus
clams
oysters
lobster
crab of various types
trout
halibut
lots of other swimmy things
elk
deer
ostrich
emu
turkey
ground squirrel
lamb/sheep
goat
pheasant
cow/bison cross
possibly mountain goat

I have eaten:
Cow, pig, chicken (including heart and sauteed testicles), lamb, frog, goat, rattlesnake, various fish (shark, squid, halibut, mahi mahi, cod, trout, bass, tuna, salmon, eel, etc.), crustaceans/shellfish (lobster, shrimp, crawdads, crab, clams, mussels, scallops, etc), quail, pheasant, deer, elk, buffalo, ostrich, turkey, duck, guinea hen, caviar (totally counts...and it is not good).

Possibly moose...don't remember for certain.

Would like to try:
alligator, goose, rabbit, bear (as long as it isn't one of the endangered ones), ...and pretty much anything else that isn't too taboo to eat (not too eager to eat a dog, cat, panda, etc).

Back
Top Bottom