What Are my neighbors having for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Okay, I'm probably going to be very disliked by this, but since you put it out there I've got to respond. I applaud that you have resisted receiving any support, but I completely disagree with you even considering receiving any now. You chose to have 11 kids. The rest of the taxpayers had no choice in the matter.

So WIC is only for people who chose to have one or two kids? I guess we could try limiting people to one kid per family but that hasn't worked out so well in China.

I also feel obligated to point out that ChickenAlgebra and her husband were well prepared to provide for ONE more child, but instead they got TWO. Surprise! Twice the formula costs!

That's not what I'm saying. I'm simply arguing that every possibility needs to be considered before deciding on having children or more children. It should not always be societies responsibility to be the fall back when people's choices result differently than planned. FYI - I'm a mom of unexpected twins as well, I know the expenses involved.

Quote:
Okay, I'm probably going to be very disliked by this, but since you put it out there I've got to respond. I applaud that you have resisted receiving any support, but I completely disagree with you even considering receiving any now. You chose to have 11 kids. The rest of the taxpayers had no choice in the matter.

So WIC is only for people who chose to have one or two kids? I guess we could try limiting people to one kid per family but that hasn't worked out so well in China.

I also feel obligated to point out that ChickenAlgebra and her husband were well prepared to provide for ONE more child, but instead they got TWO. Surprise! Twice the formula costs!

My doctor is the one who is pushing us to consider WIC. Can't say either DH or I would have thought up that on our own, just kept on keeping on. But Patrick is already a little piggy and LOVES his bottle and eats like no tomorrow. I can't pump that much, even for one kid to start with. I might catch up (usually do) and he might slow down. But we still also have Thomas. It'd be maybe $90 a month. Yes, I think we can manage that. But I can also say it'd be nice to not have to worry about that.

But I'm still in the mindset that we are going from 2 incomes to 1. Granted, mine was nothing special, but it was something. There's just no way I can work enough to pay for 2 infants in daycare, so there is no point in me working right now. I have not been studying our budget, I've left that to DH. He is less worried than I am. So I think we'll do fine.

Quote:
Personally, I think WIC and other programs are there for exactly this reason - for when things don't go as planned. I would rather see a baby getting good nutrition on WIC than getting little to no nutrition and ending up on the public time for myriad health and dental problems resulting from poor nutrition. WIC, at least, is a program that doesn't go on forever - it provides for kids who otherwise wouldn't necessarily have enough food OR healthy enough food to thrive. You can't buy junk food on WIC.

I very nearly had unexpected twins, but one twin reabsorbed. I know for us it would have been a struggle as well, but one child at a time was no problem at all. Love thy neighbor...

Quote:
Personally, I think WIC and other programs are there for exactly this reason - for when things don't go as planned. I would rather see a baby getting good nutrition on WIC than getting little to no nutrition and ending up on the public time for myriad health and dental problems resulting from poor nutrition. WIC, at least, is a program that doesn't go on forever - it provides for kids who otherwise wouldn't necessarily have enough food OR healthy enough food to thrive. You can't buy junk food on WIC.

I very nearly had unexpected twins, but one twin reabsorbed. I know for us it would have been a struggle as well, but one child at a time was no problem at all. Love thy neighbor...

Charity is by choice, not by requirement. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should and then expect others to support you. I'm not going to get in an argument with you over this and get this thread closed, PM me if you want to continue.

Quote:

Charity is by choice, not by requirement. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should and then expect others to support you. I'm not going to get in an argument with you over this and get this thread closed, PM me if you want to continue.

I wasn't arguing, I was just discussing. Sorry if it came across as argumentative.
sad.png

Quote:
One of the reason SS is going broke....for those of us that payed into it all our life. It was meant for our retirement ,or if disable.

Our goverment now has , Took those fund to use for welfare replacement.

SSI and MEDICAID (note the aid) So when States starting to crack down on Those on welfare, and put time limits on them.......people just moved more to take the money from SS which was never meant for those that had not payed into it.

SO NOW SS HAS BECOME FEDERAL WELFARE , TAKEN AWAY FROM OUR SENIORS..... SAD SAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom