What Are my neighbors having for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
This is exactly my point. It really, really bothers me. I think the part that gets me the most is that I grew up raising cattle. I fixed the fences in the hot sun, and cut the calves and worked the cows for those steaks they're eating. We didn't eat steak every week. It was rare treat, birthdays and holidays maybe. They eat this meal once a week, every week.

They have 5 or 6 kids...I've never seen them all together or bothered to really count...but they're always dirty. Their yard is dirty, full of garbage...It's a mess. It's a very frustrating mess.

I've worked since I was 17, paid my way through college......and picked up a $5 Little Caesers pizza for dinner. It will feed me at least 3 meals
idunno.gif

I want some steak......

somad.gif
rant.gif
duc.gif

hide.gif

just for clarification we get $350 a month in food stamps and my kids are on medicaid-I have no insurance whatsoever. Family of 4 here- we live on $1200 a month. WE NEED it and are slowly working until we are not on it anymore. We have steak occasionally but it is from our own steer that we had butchered. We also raise meat rabbits and chickens. Our garden died this year so we have had to buy all of our produce to put up. I can and try to be as frugal as possible (money/time/ and logically) but we still need help. Things happen that we can't undo and I know the system is whacky but I feel that there is a need. It is a shame that so many people abuse it and those that do abuse it are not only hurting themselves but others as well.

You would be surprised if you were behind me at the grocery store- especially since I hardly ever buy name brand (only time I do is when I can get it either really cheap or free with coupons) and I hardly ever buy meat except the occasional pork chop (although we are getting 4 pigs this fall as payment for baling alfalfa this summer).

Last edited:
rant.gif
duc.gif

I will never understand our system.
hu.gif

But could you hand me the steak that is medium rare, you can keep the shrimp.

Are they on their $400 cellphones? Maybe they will cook thier steak and shrimp and take it inside to watch cable on their very large flat screen TV. Or maybe they will take their 5-6 kids for a ride in their sparkly brand new 10 mpg Escalade/Navigator .....I've seen it, and its very sad! My hubby has to take peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to work sometimes and stay at my mom's house cause its closer to work to save on gas.. just sayin'
somad.gif

I want a steak...if a cow wandered past me, I would probably take a bite out of it...I like my beef rare...p-nut butter and duck eggs...I will have some chicken fryers soon...mmmmmm steak...must be nice...

Kat is eating steak tonight, only because I was too sick to eat it when we bought it as a very rare treat. It's been sitting in my freezer for awhile, but hey it's still steak.

My DH makes less risking his life every day than most folks on welfare get a month.

I buy steak every now and then as a treat for me.......it is always Chuck eye steak and about $ 4 for 2 of them ...I freeze one and cook one into usually a steak fajhita. Its great with some garlic salt sprinkled on it
big_smile.png

havnt had a filet or ribeye in ages...years even

Quote:
Em for president!! Em for president!! *come on everybody..join along!*
Em for president!
lol.png
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom