What Are my neighbors having for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Em for president!! Em for president!! *come on everybody..join along!*
Em for president!
lol.png
clap.gif

lol.png

im sorry but not everyone on welfare is a lazy bum. when we were kids my mom would work 3 jobs and with rent we still needed food stamps and other gov programs to help us get by and we didnt have alot we didnt go out and spend we never had a telephone growing up we never could afford a car so we walked everywhere on grocery day we all 3 me my sister and my mom would take back packs 3 miles to the grocery store and back home even in the middle of winter. we didnt have cable or a computer heck some times it was a choice between lights and food!

when my sister had her son her bf was verbally abusive and would harrass her and not allow her to leave the house so when seh finally up and left him it was welfare she had to go on untill she could find a job and a place to live. up here in order to even stay in a womens shelter you have to pay either you have to pay for food for all the other women staying or you have to contribute money each month so if you dont have a job they push you onto welfare otherwise you cant stay there and thats just what my sister ahd to do. so are you all saying that she and my mom were lazy? God forbid you shoud ever fall on hard times a need a little bit of goverment assistance

Some people need some help...to get on their feet and get off of welfare.

Unfortunately, welfare keeps them from ever even trying to get on their feet, because with the government's help, using our tax dollars, they are living better than we working folks do. I have seen it first hand, and if anyone wants to challenge me on this, I can give you numerous examples.

I think welfare recipients should be held up to the same standards we are. If you are recieving benefits, you should be able to pass a drug test each month. Working class folks do. If we want a job, we have to be drug free...so should they. They're squandering our tax dollars, and they get more money in food stamps a month than I spend on my family per month with our hard earned cash.

I know this because I've been there, and I've seen it.

I've actually lived in a "housing facility" where almost everyone was on assistance...The first of every month, when their checks came, they were out crawling around, dealing and buying drugs, high out of their minds, etc. None of them had jobs, or even thought about getting one...they didn't have to. The government was taking care of them. And yes, they had fancy cars, big screen TV's, and all the food they could eat.

It makes me sick.

Quote:
I see no problem with some needing a bit of temporary assistance until they get on their feet. The problem is watching as people sit on welfare for years at a time, having more and more kids, and never even trying to improve their situation. I have personally seen women at the grocery store buying a cart full of junk food and lobsters ($15 /lb) with food stamps.
somad.gif
They then get into a car that is 10 years newer than mine and drive away.

I worked my butt off even though I would have qualified for welfare. I struggled to feed my daughters and pay the bills for a long time. I always figured my kids were my responsibility. I think a lot of the people collecting government "benefits" could do the same.

Last edited:
Quote:
What!?! What's this? If you have children and are on welfare do you get this or something? How crazy!!

MP lives in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom