What are people's chicken color preferences?

How about the color topaz? It's a lighter shade of Buff with black down, & partridge based.
20200908_141202.jpg
20200908_141222.jpg
20200908_141254.jpg
Here's a Buff Orpington for comparison.
20200623_111821.jpg
The lighting wasn't too great for topaz's photo.

I love little black and white chicks and grey ones so I've ended up with mostly that color in my flock lol but I really love mille fleur. I have a couple cochins in that color and theyer so pretty. Idk what you call a flower hen but I love their coloring too!
Mille fleur is beautiful as well! I haven't raised chicks but I wouldn't know about chick colors, but I think that chipmunk chicks are adorable.

I really like the rich golden-brown shades (buff and red and the shades in between).

But the biggest thing for me is that I like patterns on chickens. Especially tidily organized, intricate patterns, with exactly two colors.
So columbian, laced, double-laced, spangled (Hamburg-style spangled), etc.
I think gold with black patterns is my very favorite, but I also like silver with black patterns, dark red-brown with black patterns, and gold with white patterns.

Mottling tends to look messy to me, so I don't like it as well. (I mean anything with the mottling gene, whether the variety is called Mille Fleur or Jubilee or Speckled or Tolbunt or...)

And for some reason I do not really like the gray shades (blue, splash, lavender.)

Back
Top Bottom