What are people's chicken color preferences?

Mille fleur is beautiful as well! I haven't raised chicks but I wouldn't know about chick colors, but I think that chipmunk chicks are adorable.
Oh yeah they are lol. There are quite a few that look like that. Wellsummers always get me. Though mine that I have left is a brat hahah

Oh, really? I guess that makes sense, it's probably harder for the dirt to stick.
Yep. The only time my silkies do get dirty is when they get pooped on by another bird, or if they trip into a mud puddle. They clean themselves up pretty quickly, which is good.

I really like the rich golden-brown shades (buff and red and the shades in between).

But the biggest thing for me is that I like patterns on chickens. Especially tidily organized, intricate patterns, with exactly two colors.
So columbian, laced, double-laced, spangled (Hamburg-style spangled), etc.
I think gold with black patterns is my very favorite, but I also like silver with black patterns, dark red-brown with black patterns, and gold with white patterns.

Mottling tends to look messy to me, so I don't like it as well. (I mean anything with the mottling gene, whether the variety is called Mille Fleur or Jubilee or Speckled or Tolbunt or...)

And for some reason I do not really like the gray shades (blue, splash, lavender.)
I really like my red sex links with their pretty red and white coloring. I tend to like patterns on chickens as well. My one exception is that if you have a large enough flock, the solid white and black ones look really nice next to the laced and columbian ones.

Yep. The only time my silkies do get dirty is when they get pooped on by another bird, or if they trip into a mud puddle. They clean themselves up pretty quickly, which is good.
I just imagined a silkie walking along and minding it's own business before tripping and falling on it's face in a mud puddle :lol:

Interesting preferences -- fun to see who likes what. I like -- and have -- a bit of everything. But I love the look of a barred feather. I have a barred Cochin Bantam, and one of my original hens was a Barred Rock. Hmmm, wonder what it means that I like things that are black and white?

Back
Top Bottom