What are Roos??

HbbyFrmGrl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
Tennessee
Ok everyone, my Roos from the 'Barnyard special" at the feed store have finally gotten big enough to attempt a breed ID. I have No clue what they are but they sure are a pretty mix!!

Darth

Vlad

Bane

I'm guessing at Black Copper Marans or maynbe Welsummer for the first, Silver Lqced Wyandotte for the second and Golden Laced Wyandotte for the third.

Strike Wyandotte, those are supposed to have pea combs, not straight combs.

Sorry.

They came in a "barn yard special" batch and I got really Attatched to them so they stuck around. I hope they can all continue to get along and treat my girls right!

I guess I don't have any plans except to spoil them and see what I end up with if I decide to hatch out any chicks this year =)

Vlad and Bane look to have some spangling going on. The only spangled breed I can think of is the hamburg, but those guys have rose combs and they're light-bodied. Your birds look pretty heavy. If I were to guess, I'd say that they have some spangled hamburg way back in their ancestry, and then some orpington/australorp/single-comb wyandotte further up. Whatever they are, they are very pretty and unusual!

Darth looks like black copper marans.

Back
Top Bottom