What are safe temps for a bator with no fan?

I have eggs hatching right now in a LG still air. The temp was for the most part right at 99, sometimes it would drop to 98, but never higher than 99. These eggs are due today, and they started pipping last night. I'm not sure where the thermometer gets the reading from, but it is somewhere near the middle or upper part of the egg.

to help with the temperature control go to Wal-mart and get a Dimmer switch knob (95 cents) and put it on top of the control knob, that make it not quite so sensitive to turn up or down. I keep mine at 101.5 for still air. The fan on it might make the temp vary more, but I agree it needs some air flow.

Good luck

The hubby just bought me a new bator for my birthday. It's not until the end of May but he surprised me. I am in the process of getting it stabilized. This one has a fan. It was bought at Rural King. It doesn't say it is a Genesis or Hova BAtor but it looks just like it. Today has been a good day. I got my new Onagadori chicks and my free eggs and a new bator and the hubby also bought all the materials to make the run and do a bit of renovations to the coop. He is also going to build a coop just for the Onagadori.

Looks LIke I owe him big time.

Quote:
I never hatched eggs in still incubator, however there is an "expert" here reccomending hatching eggs at 102F in forced air bator, sorry for a newcomers following this "advice".

I just hatched 5 chicks out of 6 fertile eggs. One died after pipping.

I kept mine at 101 -102

eta: i had several temp. spikes of at least 105 to 112 and they still hatched. The temp spikes weren't for more than a couple hrs though, I don't believe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom