What are some of the LEAST aggressive breeds of roosters???

Quote:
I love Cochin. I have never had a nasty one large or small. My new little bantam roo though likes to peck me. I pick him up and pet him everytime he does it. He has about stopped and the 1st out of lots that has had any issues.

My SLW was a sweetheart, both to me and the hens. My SS roo was an absolute jerk. I currently have an enormous black Australorp who is about 10 months old. So far he seems very level headed, good to the hens, and not the least bit interested in trying to take me on, no matter what I'm doing in the coop/pen. All of these birds were raised and handled the same way. I'm not so sure it's so much about what breed the roo is but rather each bird's individual personality.

Quote:
idk, it depends on the roo I think, I have had 2 Wyandotte roos and they are soooo nice. The BLR roo acted like a big baby from the time I got him, the splash blr roo was more assertive, but I can still pick him up when I want to. and I have 4 roos together that get along and all respect me.

My BR roo is great, he is very tolerable of the other 3 roos even though he is top roo. I can handle him easily as well (just tough cause he is so darn big)

I once had a OEGB roo....grrr...manfighter, I no longer have him

I have a 19 month old BA and he's great!! And a 10 month old BO that is learning to become a great roo also. They get along together very well and are very respectful to me.

I agree that in part it just depends on the roo..
I had a BR that was horrible, would chase my daughter in law from her car to the door and spured her a couple of times....
My most passive Roo is my FCBM..........I named him Gershwin.for the song Rhapsody in blue......
I also have an AStro, 4, 1/2 english Orps,and our main man, Boots, who came from a petting zoo.
We think he is FCBMs also. All of my roo's get along and all are great with us.......
My vote would be Marans..........
The BR came after me one day and Boots ran him down and took him to the ground........
We named the BR crock Pot.He is no longer with us .
Oh, almost forgot Bellino..1/2 cuckoo marans 1/2 penedesenca.
Sorry, a
big_smile.png
little chatty this mrning.
Good Luck

My two favorites are my big blue Cochin Roo and my Barnevelder Roo....they are both great boys, never aggressive and take great care of their girls and get along well with each other too!

Back
Top Bottom