What are the actors/musicians/famous people using for acne?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moochie, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    I notice in movies the girls usually have clear, smooth, non-oily skin. WHAT ARE THEY USING??

I've used Clinique, AcneFree, Neutrogena.. I've used a microderm abrasion once too, boy did that sting! Haven't used Proactive because people have said that it's like the Clinique acne regimen. Clinique did work for a week! Clearing up, redness going away, then my acne was coming back. I guess my skin got used to it?
    I use 6 different things every morning and when I wake up, but it's like more and more keeps coming.

So, what are the stars using? (Other than photoshop retouching.)

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Proactive worked well for my daughter years ago when she was a teen.

3. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    My daughter used Proactiv and it didn't help. She ended up going to a dermatologist and was put on Accutane (expensive, but it worked). Maybe you could get an appointment with a dermatologist? They have lots of options and at least you won't be swayed by a celebrity...

4. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    My brother uses skinid and it seems to work for him. He does get breakouts every once in a while, but other than that it had worked.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

How does Hollywood do it? A make-up artist and film editing after it's done.

Avon has a product called Clear Skin and I like it better than ProActive.

6. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    My cousin is an actress and was cast in a Proactive commercial. She has never had a skin blemish in her life. The "before" photos they photoshopped were horrifying.

7. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
  8. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I really like Proactiv - and it worked for me - but that was a few years ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by