What Are The Benefits Of Eating Organic Foods?

Quote:
Very well said!
thumbsup.gif

I dont eat totally organic...

if the skin of the food is to be consumed (tomatoes apples celery grapes ect) I will try to buy organic... but I am not stupid... I do have a budget in mind and i will not pay stupid prices for it... With that said though if i pick up and apple and the wax is heavy and feels slimy i will not buy that apple.

I try to limit the toxins that enter my body but its really hard so its something i keep in the back of my mind

I buy local and this year I plan on growing it myself.

BUT what we dont get in our food comes from our water or from the air we breathe

The American Indian had a pretty much organic diet and had one of the shortest lifespans of an indigenous people, my point is diet is not the only factor in attempting to live a longer than "normal" life. I do not believe you can live a longer life by your diet but you can live a better quality life. Of course you might be able to shorten it.

Quote:
you really cant compare the two... the Native Americans did not have access to vaccines and medical care and a lot of them were killed off early in their lives from diseases that the newcomers brought... they were also living totally different lifestyles too... no access to the variety of foods that we have available in the supermarkets so in the winter months hunger could have been an issue too

Back
Top Bottom