What are the best breeds of chickens to raise for there meat?

Thanks Kfacres All I need is to find some cornish x and mate them and see how it goes. Thanks
big_smile.png

I paid $29.95 a plate ( Rip off). Oh yeah, the tip I left in my pocket.

Hi, just wondering why you punished the waitress for the poor quality food? She has nothing to do with how fast it comes out or its taste etc.! A complaint to the manager and/or cook may have gotten you a discount.

Quote:
I asked to talk to the manager... didn't show... next best option , no tip... waitress not too thrilled... manager gets message of poor quality food = ticked off customer + ticked off employee .
old.gif

Quote:
that's a new one on me.. never heard of it.. and I'm raising Cornish????

Jessicalynn927
Today 9:30 amThanks Kfacres All I need is to find some cornish x and mate them and see how it goes. Thanks

good luck with that.. the cornish x rock hybrid deals will need to be on a restricted diet to be able to reproduce. Even then expect poor laying, many double yolkers, and reduced hatching rates. but in my example, you only need a few of their eggs to hatch to obtain a male to breed with. Of course in the ideal world, you'd get tons of eggs to hatch so you can get a better selection to choose from.

The TRUE cornish aspect, of what I'm talking about, will be the hardest thing for you to obtain. and I am not talking about hatchery quality cornish birds.

I think the problem for most of us would be FINDING a source for true cornish or other breeds. Most of us only have hatchery stock to choose from. I would love to find someplace to buy good stock but nobody around here has any. They all came from hatcheries.
sad.png

Quote:
Get an incubator
wink.png
Then you won't complain about finding sources. . . . LOTS of people online from around the country sell hatching eggs for some amazing birds, and chances are you'll get at least a 50% fertility and hatch rate. It's all about the time of year and who to trust buying from, concerning packaging.

Back
Top Bottom