What Are the Best Eggs? An Article

fuzzi

She Who Brings Grapes
Premium Feather Member
Apr 5, 2022
Pitt County, NC
My Coop
My Coop
Found this article online, goes into studies about what makes the best, most nutritious eggs...backyard chickens!

But the author also writes about the free-range and cage free eggs we see in the stores, and what those terms really mean:

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/well-being-eggs

Before I read this I did not know the actual definition of free-range and cage free sources.
:eek::oops::hit

Found this article online, goes into studies about what makes the best, most nutritious eggs...backyard chickens!

But the author also writes about the free-range and cage free eggs we see in the stores, and what those terms really mean:

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/well-being-eggs

Before I read this I did not know the actual definition of free-range and cage free sources.
:eek::oops::hit

I didn't even know the USDA defined them. I need to stop in the egg section of our grocery store next time. I bet those are way more expensive, but just guessing. Wow, interesting read!

I didn't even know the USDA defined them. I need to stop in the egg section of our grocery store next time. I bet those are way more expensive, but just guessing. Wow, interesting read!
I have been buying "cage free" eggs, and yes, they are more expensive. They were about $4/dozen last time I looked. However, I was buying those to avoid antibiotics in the eggs. I've seen "free range" and "pasture raised" eggs as well.

Next time I will check out the farmer's market.

I have been buying "cage free" eggs, and yes, they are more expensive. They were about $4/dozen last time I looked. However, I was buying those to avoid antibiotics in the eggs. I've seen "free range" and "pasture raised" eggs as well.

Next time I will check out the farmer's market.
We haven't bought eggs in over 7 years as ours lay even in the winter, just less is all, but enough as I don't hatch any in the winter. This is why I'm naive about the store eggs. ☺️

We haven't bought eggs in over 7 years as ours lay even in the winter, just less is all, but enough as I don't hatch any in the winter. This is why I'm naive about the store eggs. ☺️
My pullets started laying in August, but stopped almost entirely in November. I got my last egg on December 1. It looks as if I'm going to have to buy eggs for Christmas cooking!

My pullets started laying in August, but stopped almost entirely in November. I got my last egg on December 1. It looks as if I'm going to have to buy eggs for Christmas cooking!
Here's where all those water glass people would jump in and say they have enough. I don't need to nor want to learn that but kudos to those who do.

Back
Top Bottom