Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cocoaskin, Sep 17, 2009.
ok, not sure but here goes.
the black/white striped : Barred Rock Roo
Black/ gold chest : Black sex linked pullett
Red with black tail: Buckeye Roo (?)
The other I don't know.
Hope that helped.
Wow that's neat! Looks like a Barred Rock roo, a Rhode Island Red roo, and 3 hens- Black Australorp, Red Star (sex-link) and maybe a Welsummer in the back.
Ok great thanks! Anyone else?
Barred rock cockerel.
Rhode island red cockerel.
Red sexlink hen.
Maybe a australorp? I didn't see any red in her and she didn't look like a Jersey giant to me.
The brown hen has blue legs, and is fairly small it looks like so it would cancel out Welsummer and Leghorns which have yellow legs. If she is from a hatchery i would think perhaps a red junglefowl, if a flea market/auction perhaps a American game or American gamefowl cross.
In order according to appearance:
1. Barred Plymouth Rock cockerel
2. Rhode Island Red (Production Red) Cockerel
3. Red or Golden sex-link pullet
4. Black Australorp or Jersey Giant pullet (look at the bottom of the feet, yellow = Jersey Giant, White = Australorp)
5. Has the body of a Brown Leghorn, but I do not see white earlobes? Also it does not have yellow legs, possible a strain of gamefowl?