What are the differences in HOVA models?

rbar

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Dayton, Tennessee
I wish to buy another Hova incubator w/turner; I can use my old round one for hatching only. (I don't think an egg turner will fit in it...)
I'd like a chicken AND quail auto turner with this one. I am looking at the 1602N with the 1610 turner...is this what I want?

But, I am a bit confused...1588 and the 1610M are "12 volt DC", could they be run of 12 v DC battery if the power goes off?
THAT would be really cool.
That would certainly justify the extra expense to me, as the power to my house is not absolutely dependable. A circulated air model woud be nice too...with the turner.

Can someone educate me on the differences in these models, voltages, etc.?
I have emailed GQF twice, but as of yet no response...

(Next question: Does anyone offer a "package deal" on the items?)

Thanks in advance! Roy

I dont know which model is which but I do know they make one that plugs in the acc/cigarette lighter in your car(12V DC). If you got that one you could get a booster pack(for boosting of cars) with the acc/cigarette lighter plug on it an use it as a power supply and battery backup.

If you can afford the extra money I would go for the 1588 w/12volt dc turner.That way you have the circulated air and electronic temperature control.I think some of the hatcheries and poultry supply houses may offer a package deal.I have the 1588 and love it.Good luck
smile.png

Ok, found an item at Randall Burkey that allows the 1588 "to be attached to a 12 volt battery"...
Will the 1610M turner will work off the same, need a separate adaptor, or have to revert to manual turning unon power outage?
Can ANYONE help further on this point?
THANKS!!!

Roy

Quote:

Heard so much good things about the hova bator
genesis 1588 with the auto- matic turner 1610 or 1611 which ever u prefer.
I have one coming from cutlers.supply. they seem to the be
the least expensive.
all that have them are happy with them.
check out Cutlers..

I'd prefer the 1610 or 1610M but do not know the difference in the models.
GQF says it is "12VAC"...confusing...did they mean 12VDC, to go with the 1588 backup 12 V DC option?
Yes, good deal at Cutlers...will probably buy from them, I cannot get GQF to answer any of my emails...funny, had excellent service from them in the past.

Roy

Quote:

My 1588 w/ the 1611 ran me $191 total w/ shipping... Savanna, GA to Phoenix from the folks who make it at GQF.

1588 The Genesis Hova-Bator

BTW... they answered my e-mail that I sent on a Friday by the following Monday... but it did take them over a week to process the order.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom