what are the names of your chickens?

I have 5 barred rocks....Maybell, Layla, Roxie, Blaire, Maggie and 1 mutt named Sawdust. 2 buff orpingtons....Eva and bella. My 2 brown leghorns are, pain the #ss #1 and pain in the #ss number 2.

My 9 new babies, I'm still working on names. Diva a little EE, she's pretty spunky! My 2 Delawares are Lily and Daisy.

We have all buff orps, who look very similar. The ones who have names are the ones we can tell apart from the flock: Golden Girl (she has yellow legs), Floppy (she has a floppy comb), and Whitey (who has lots of white feathers on her breast). The other five are called Pretty Girl.

We also have changeable nicknames: Early Girl for whoever is on a nest first that day, and Late Girl, for the one who is on a nest in the late afternoon.

Our rooster is Joe. The rooster we gave to friends was Nacho (Not Joe).

Last edited:
I have 9 one year old red sex links:
Gravel - darkest color of all 9
Pie - because "I like pie"
Saphire - son was reading a book with a dragon named saphire in it.
Carmel - lightest color of all 9
Alice x 5

We have 7 Ameriacaunas, they are one week old. So far we have:
Hatchet - Gary Paulson book
Tuxcedo - she is pale yellow and has a little tan bow tie on her back, she will set on my son's shoulder or in the bend of his arm as long as he will carry her.
Still need to find 5 more names

2 Jersey Giants:
Roxie- Hannah Montana's body guard!
one un named as yet

The rest do not have names yet. I am thinking some one is going to get named: Fried, Cassarole or so on...

Last edited:
Our rooster is Prince Jasper
All of the Barred Rocks are the Zebra's
We have Ruby and Dragon

We have over the years gone through Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (the rooster being Clairabelle)

Black Australorp - "Shadow" (named by 9 year old, after a Sonic the Hedgehog character)

White Rock - "Crystal" (named by 7 year old)

Egyptian Fayoumis - "Flower" (named by 4 year old, who also has a stuffed animal named "flower.")

Red Star - "Ginger" (named by rocketmom, after the Chicken Run character)

Buff Cochin - "Buffy" (named by me, for her type, and after the Vampire Slayer)

Have fun, but don't name anything you plan on eating.

We have four hens.

Willamay (RIR)
Loretta Lynn (RIR)
Whitey (EE)
Rooster(EE) we were sure she was a he and by the time we realized otherwise the name had all ready stuck.
tongue.png

Banana... buff orpington

Sally... blue orpington

Bacon.... EE

Henny Penny... EE

Mrs. Feathers... RIR

Blue Belle... blue dominique

Josephine... SLW

Laverne... mutt

Shirley.... mutt

Well we don't have them in yet but my brother has all the names picked out for his silver spangled hamburgs, Baconator, Big-Mack,
must be nice to be 13 and be able to rationalize naming your chickens after food...lol and the other ones of his are, Dilbert and Lady gaga

I only have a name picked out for my golden polish, im going to call her Alice after the Alice in wonderland that just came out. If i were getting a roo i would name it the Mad hatter
lol.png
As for my other four polish, i have no clue yet!

I have-
Kimberly the Campine
Mable and Margret the Rhode Island Reds
Penguin the Silver Laced Wyandotte
Mary Sunatra the Black Sumatra
Muffin the Bearded Buff Laced Polish
Sugar the Bearded Blue Silkie
Sarah Jo the White Silkie
Amber the Brown Red Modern Game Bantam
Harriet the Black Modern Game Bantam
Missy the Old English Game Banty

Mama to-
2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Blue Silkie, 1 White Silkie, 1 Brown Red Modern Game banty , 1 Black Modern Game banty, 1 Black Sumatra, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Bearded Buff Laced Polish, 1 Silver Birchen OEG banty,
1 Quarter Horse Paint, 1 Black Maine Coon cat, 1 Seal point Ragdoll, 1 American Tabby Shorthair, 1 Jack Russell Terrier, and several Comet Goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom