what are the names of your chickens?

Chicken One, Chicken Two...through Chicken 37.
big_smile.png

I don't have much time to spend with my chickens. I'd name them all if I had the time to spend out there. I do agree, it is fun coming up with the names. We had a few of our original flock named but those ones have died. I'm sure I'll be naming some of our newest additions as three of them are roosters and are bound to be full of personality.

All Hybrids

2 isa browns: tallulah, matilda

2 white rangers: sybil, geraldine

1 amber star: isadora ( so cute, she falls asleep when you stroke her)

1 columbine: lady cluck

1 bluebelle: henrietta
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

i just got my chickens yesterday!
big_smile.png
and today i got my first egg!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
i got three silkies, one white named pearl, one partridge named penny, and one blue named pepper. they are all hens, and two of them are broody so i don't get to see them that much.
sad.png
oh well i still love them. oh and the one that layed the egg was pearl!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
:woot:cd:bow

Last edited:
I have a Black Leghorn roo that I have named Elvis because the fuzz running down the sides of his legs reminds me of Elvis' sideburns. I also have a SLW that I named Pumpkin because she was the only one to consistently hop onto me when I said "It's okay pumpkin!" (mainly to calm all of them down). My 4 year old daughter named one of the EEs Gorgeous because she said that she's just so pretty. 3 down, 45 more names to go!
idunno.gif

Quote:
Do you mean Black Langshan? Leghorns aren't black and don't have fuzz. I'd love to see your Langshan though - If he is one.
smile.png

We once had an SLW roo named Elvis - not the most friendly or nice of fella to either people or hens.
hmm.png

What great names everyone has! Here are mine:

Brown Leghorn Rooster = Herman

Buff Orpington hens = Loko, Luna, Lulu

EE's = Cinammon, Hawk, Sandy

I have 5 chicks that I haven't named yet (just 3 weeks old):

2 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Sicilian Buttercup
I'm hoping they are all girls, but 1 may not be. We shall see!

Annabelle & Isabelle (Silver Crested Polish)

Millie & Mabel -- Millicent and Mabeline when they tick me off, LOL (Ameraucana)

Ginger, Maryann, & Marigold (Rhode Island Reds)

Lillian & Hazel (the two older girls, one is a RIR and one is unknown, a mutt)

Oreo (she came with a name when we adopted her, Bantum)

The new chicks aren't all named yet, but so far we have: Bella (a DD is into Twighlight), Ducky (short for Duckling - she was the littlest one in the group we picked from) & Chick-a-monk (this one looked like a chipmonk when he was tiny) The two little polish aren't named yet.

2 RIR are Biffy and Carla for - NASCAR drivers!... 2 Doms are Ann for an old friend...and my 'roo is Louie, was supposed to be Lois for another old friend.

Quote:
Do you mean Black Langshan? Leghorns aren't black and don't have fuzz. I'd love to see your Langshan though - If he is one.
smile.png

We once had an SLW roo named Elvis - not the most friendly or nice of fella to either people or hens.
hmm.png

Oops! I think I've been looking through too many breeds! Yes... he is a Langshan!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom