what are the names of your chickens?

Ok here goes.... our hens names are.... Ginger ('Ging' pronounced Jinj), Martha, Cocoa, Snowflake, Dusty, Charlene & Ebony(black). Our 2 roosters names are...Scooter (bardrock) & Roscoe (Bantam). Hope that helps!! Other names we have for our geese are Olly & Ozzy (mated pair geese), Wah-wah (chinese gander), Karma & Beatrice (female Geese), Arnold (gander).

I had names for them (scramble, overeasy, omelet, and sunnyside) the kids vetoed them all and came up with:

River= barred plymouth
K9=red laced wyandotte
Madison=buff orpington
Brownie=partridge rock

Adding our girls and boy in!
lol.png

3 yr old son's favorite BO-Emmy
Our Australorp Roo-Roo Roo (approprate? haha)
His Aus sister-Lula Belle (she's a sweety)
Our spunky GLW-Lottie (after my spunky great-gma! haa)
AND our in charge, loud, always singing EE--Gretchen (after Gretchen Wilson...she belts it and so does our Gretchen! lol)

We have 28 chickens and there names are: (all hens)

(first 17 are 2 years old)
Big Mama-EE loudest chicken ever and as her name states, she is BIG
Chixsie-a reddish EE, really closely colored to a wheaten Ameraucana, but she isn't purebred
Red- A dark EE w/ a wild personality and one blind eye
Tristan- Clean-faced golden EE w/ spurs!
Sunshine- Red,orange, gold EE
Quail- Tannish colored EE
Chocolate- "Normal" coloring, EE, largest muffs I have EVER seen
Maddy- An EE that I am almost positive is fully blind. Other than that, she has a big attitude and really pretty feathers
Day- A gray cochin
Heather- a Splash Cochin w/ really super long legs!
Mike- A WCBPH w/ a hilarious personality and a good temperament
Synergy- A white bearded Polish who can't live w/o Mike, they are basically BFFs
Princess Aziza (Princey)- Egyptian Fayoumi who used to be the meanest thing since Leroy Brown, but sweetened up after her first couple molts; she is also quite round
big_smile.png

Charger- EF who I swear is not a chicken, but a raptor. Mean, clever, loud, and cute as can be! All of the Fayoumis hang out in their little "gang"
Femi- EF who looks really delicate and feminine
wink.png
, but is probably the meanest Fayoumi in their gang.. however she isn't the leader, Charge is.
Fawn- Absolutely gorgeous Golden Hamburg. Likes to sleep in the rafters, run away from humans, fly out of the pen, etc. Basically, given the chance, she'd book it as fast as possible away
(Next 6 are one yr)
Vincent Van Gogh- Large barred rock who gets picked on, despite her large attitude and size
Blackjack- BR who follows people around and pecks at their shoes. Probably the sweetest and friendliest chicken I have!
Onyx- BR who was really mean until I guess the older hens whipped her into shape, now she keeps to herself and yells at all times, trying to duel it out w/ Bigs, but usually loses :p
Queenie- Super duper quiet BR w/ a shy and calm personality
Rubenesca- Golden laced Wyandotte who is most definitely our meanest chicken. Her name means "round" and it is quite befitting. Whenever Quail gets within a foot's distance of Ruby, beware..
Audrey- Sweet, quiet GLW, quite the opposite of Ruby. Her best friend is Vinny, but usually she keeps to herself.
(Next six are one month old and I'm not sure on sex)
Gretchen- EE who is pretty darn big
Niquita-EE who might be a boy
fl.gif

Kohla- EE who I think is going to look like Chixsie when she feathers out
Moxie- EE; loud, hates me, might be a boy
Bernadetta (Bernie)- Jersey Giant
Henrietta- Supposedly a JG, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be an Australorp...

Sorry that this was long!

Last edited:
My bantam mottleds are Fleck Speck Dot and Spot. My pigeons are Cora, Hawkeye, Duncan, and Alice. My old chickens were Rain, Hector, Juice, Hobo, Kiwi, Oscar, Linsay, and a few others I can't think of but will later!

Fancy pants-unknown hen
miss thang- unknown hen
Ms. emily- game hen
ms. mamie-game hen
Big red- rir hen
little red- unknown hen

Flat stanley-barred rock roo
Raven- barred rock hen

Gadget- silky roo(buff)
Tweety -white silkie pullet
sweety- white silkie pullet
Elvis-black silkie roo
autumn-red silkie(unknown)
robyn-red silkie(unknow gender)
and many unnamed at the moment

Wilma - white ? Best mother in the world. Largest clutch raised was 23 chicks.
Henrietta - black ? Looks like australorp except has some brown feathers on breast area.
Ruth - silver laced bantam cochin ? I think is called silver laced because she is black with white on each feather.
Quinn - sebright EE mix. Her mom was a sebright and her dad was a BIG red EE rooster. I was very surprised when she hatched out. She
looks like a giant sebright.
Robin - bantam EE mix
Olivia - buff orpington
Anna, Amy, Abigail - australorps
Fiona - white silkie mix. She looks like a silkie except she has a large comb.
Alice - white rock
Wanda - white (Wilma's daughter) EE mix
Esme, Ellen, Emma, Elaine, Eliza, Edie - EE's
Barb - barred rock
Bart - barred rock rooster
Sam - red EE rooster with the scariest black eyes I have ever seen.

I have seven girls and they all have names. first is my golden comets, We have Bessy, Arya, and my sweet girl Henny Penny.
Second are my Araucanas they are, Rosealina, and Lucky Lady( lucky was attacked by our dogs at two months old. My wife and I nursed her back to a healthy bird.)
Third is our Cochin she is named after the movie twilight her name is Bella. And then our last girl is Saphira she is our leghorn and is very moody at times. We have 8 more chickens coming in may and can not wait to name them.

My favorite a Barred Rock hen is Chicken Nugget; the Americana(?) hen is Chicken Marsala, The Silver Wyandotte is Britanny. Sadly, no longer with us, was Martha Stewer- a White Plymouth Rock and SunnySide Up a Buff Orphington. All a little spoiled:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom