What are the odds?

Pics
When I was in high school, we used to fit 6 kids in a 2 seater MG. 3 kids in the well behind the seats, and 2 in the passenger seat, and the driver. Of course, we were all skinny and flexible back then.
One time, before I was supposed to be driving, my friend and I took her moms little 4 seat, stick shift geo metro out to the corner store. That car was so ghetto, I loved it tho.

Anyways, we took the back roads cuz my mom was out and we didnt want to cross paths with her as she disapproved of us driving. Well, guess what! She just happened to be coming up the road we were going down on our way back home. So, when we got closer, we ducked down and sped up a little, then raced home. She called me about 10 minutes after we got back asking if we were just out driving our friends car.

Of course I told her no, weve been home the whole time. She says, "oh. I swear I just saw so n so's car, but I didnt see anyone driving it.":lau:gig

I love fancy breeds but I don't buy them straight run either, even though it seems less expensive initially. By the law of averages you will get (at least) 50% roosters, and what good are they? You only need one to breed if you wish to raise chicks, if you have more than one they end up fighting, and they aren't worth raising for meat. In other words you get expensive meat and not much of it for your money.

I love fancy breeds but I don't buy them straight run either, even though it seems less expensive initially. By the law of averages you will get (at least) 50% roosters, and what good are they? You only need one to breed if you wish to raise chicks, if you have more than one they end up fighting, and they aren't worth raising for meat. In other words you get expensive meat and not much of it for your money.
If you have a serious breeding program, having multiple males of the breed is actually a good thing, as you can compare their traits and quality and choose the best for breeding.

Anyone who raises birds to harvest the excess for meat knows it's not cheap. We do it because we know theres no added growth hormones, unnecessary antibiotics, and the bird wasnt fed crap, and treated worse, its whole short life.

The fighting part really depends on the temperament. I used to have a couple 2 or 3 roosters with my hens(about 40 free range, give or take a few) and really never had any spats. In fact 2 blue copper marans brothers I had never fought each other, the other rooster, or me. They were cool:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom