What are the odds

SED

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
North West Alabama
I have one Bourbon Red tom and 5 bourbon red hens. All are about 10 months old. I am getting 4 eggs per day right now from them. The tom is strutting but I never see them mating. I am only with them for a few minutes each day right now because of work. What do you think that the chances of fertile eggs are this time of year for relatively young birds? I have 26 BR eggs in the incubator (about 6 days now) and it is full. I would like to sell a few hatching eggs but I do not know the fertility of them yet and I would hate to sell unfertile eggs to people and assume that they are fertile. Can I break open one to see and assume the rest would be fertile also? Thanks!

if your hens are all laying i feel confident saying your tom is doing his thing as well, especially if he has been strutting about for them.

I hope so. My incubator is full and I keep getting 3-4 eggs per day and I would hate for them to go to waste. I know I could eat them but I had rather hatch them (or have someone hatch them).

Just to be sure make the family a nice BIG omelet tomorrow morning with those 4 eggs your getting. Then you will know for sure and can rest at night!!
And I'd be interested in some of those FERITLE eggs, lol

That is great you're getting eggs this time of year.I have bronze/wild mixed birds and I never have got an egg this time of year.I don't know about them being fertile but I would think they would be.I'm not sure where you are in North Central Alabama but I'm about as far north Alabama as you can go.I would be interested in hatching some on the halves.I don't drive very far but if you're interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

I am new and testing my ability to post messages.

I want to delete the message after posting this one.

I hope that I will be able to delete this message after posting it.

Please forgive me if I am unable to delete the message.

I have uploaded the post and found that I was unable to delete it.

However I am able to edit, therefore I am editing to apologize for misusing your thread.

Sorry!

hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom