What are the possible mixes for my young chickens?

All4Eggz

๐•๐•–๐•ค๐•ฆ๐•ค + โ„‚๐•™๐•š๐•”๐•œ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ค = ๐“๐“ต๐“ต ๐“˜ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
I hatched some chicks this year. They're a little older now, and I would like to know of any possible mixes from my flock.

Here are the possible fathers for these chicks:
- Buff cochin
- Silver duckwing oegb
- golden Sebright
- GLW

Possible mothers:
- barred rocks
- sebright
- golden laced wyandottes
- sex links
- jersey giants
- grey, buff, and black cochins (bantams)
- lakenvelder
- crevecoeur
- white leghorn
- polish
- standard (not bantam) sized old english game, or some kind of jungle fowl (long legs :))
- ardenner bantam
- maran (no feathered feet)
- white silkie

Golden and black patterns/speckles: she's a bantam

IMG_5602.JPG
IMG_5952.JPG
IMG_5951.JPG
IMG_5953.JPG
IMG_5954.JPG

This one has feathered feet. I'm thinking she's a buff cochin (roo) x barred rock (hen)? Looks like she has a single comb.
What do y'all think?

This next one I'm almost certain is a silver duckwing oegb mix. His comb, though, is like a mixture between 2 combs. Maybe the mother is a sebright?
He's also bantam sized:

IMG_5605.JPG
IMG_5987 (1).JPG
IMG_5990.JPG

Thinking the father's a silver duckwing old english game bantam and the mother is a sebright (because of the comb)??

Last edited:

All4Eggz

๐•๐•–๐•ค๐•ฆ๐•ค + โ„‚๐•™๐•š๐•”๐•œ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ค = ๐“๐“ต๐“ต ๐“˜ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
Can you post pictures of the parents. Are you sure the mother of the long legged fellows was an Old English Game hen? Looks more like a Modern Game cross.
I think the father of the cockerel is a silver duckwing OEGB. I don't have silver duckwing OEGB hens, or any OEGB hens for that matter.

All4Eggz

Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
The pullet is likely Buff Cochin x Ardenner, I think.
Cockerel is silver Duckwing OEGB xโ€ฆ.do you have any noncrested Crevs?
Heโ€™s got a buttercup comb, or single-V comb.
I have a some Crevecoeur mixes that have very small crests. Only a few tufts on top of their head.

Last edited:

All4Eggz

Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts

Top Bottom