What are the possible mixes for my young chickens?

Oh, okay.

But he looks more like a Modern Game mix, rather then Old English Game mix.
Yep, he has long legs!

I don't have any modern game hens. The closest I have to a modern game is a black breasted red old english STANDARD sized hen. At least that's what I think she is. She matches these (v) photos on google: and she has long legs :)

She looks like this. Probably some kind of jungle fowl. But she's not a bantam, and that cockerel is the same size as my silver duckwing OEGB.

Yep, he has long legs!

I don't have any modern game hens. The closest I have to a modern game is a black breasted red old english STANDARD sized hen. At least that's what I think she is. She matches these (v) photos on google: and she has long legs :)

She looks like this. Probably some kind of jungle fowl. But she's not a bantam, and that cockerel is the same size as my silver duckwing OEGB.
That's a Red JungleFowl picture.

Can you get pictures of your hen so she can be confirmed on breed.

I have Cracker Fowl hens which are Red JungleFowl/American Game crosses, & their legs aren't that long.
20201021_122908.jpg

I have Cracker Fowl hens which are Red JungleFowl/American Game crosses, & their legs aren't that long.
View attachment 2890036
I'll try to get pictures when I'm getting ready to shut them up for the night. She's my most skittish hen, so it's hard to get pictures of her up close.

As for the bird in question, I couldn't find her anywhere today 😥 Maybe a predator got to her.
The one time I need a picture of her, she's no where to be found. I hope I didn't look hard enough. I hope I found her tomorrow.

I went through some pics, and I found some pictures of her. Sorry, they're not the best..

What breed is she?

(In some of the pictures, she's the one in the corner/behind the rooster)
IMG_6104.PNG
IMG_6120.PNG
My son brought her into the house one time so I could snap a few pics :lol: When he did that, I wasn't so happy. But now, I'm glad he did because now we have some more pictures if she's truly gone. She's pretty special to us, since she's one of the original 5. She's also pretty old... 6+ yrs old!
I hope she's still alive ❤️
IMG_6105.PNG

IMG_6103.PNG

As for the bird in question, I couldn't find her anywhere today 😥 Maybe a predator got to her.
The one time I need a picture of her, she's no where to be found. I hope I didn't look hard enough. I hope I found her tomorrow.

I went through some pics, and I found some pictures of her. Sorry, they're not the best..

What breed is she?

(In some of the pictures, she's the one in the corner/behind the rooster)
View attachment 2890188View attachment 2890189My son brought her into the house one time so I could snap a few pics :lol: When he did that, I wasn't so happy. But now, I'm glad he did because now we have some more pictures if she's truly gone. She's pretty special to us, since she's one of the original 5. She's also pretty old... 6+ yrs old!
I hope she's still alive ❤️ View attachment 2890191
View attachment 2890184
She looks alot like my Cracker hens. Definitely looks more American Then Old English.

Is the Silver Duckwing hen you're talking about? She looks like a Silver Leghorn, if not a mix.

The Gold Duckwing Game in the Background is very handsome.
I'm talking about the more brown in in the pictures. Look at the second picture.
What breed is she? And I was wondering, what breed is the girl right next to her?

They are both standard sized (not bantams).

And I was wondering what breed the rooster is in some of the photos?? He's gone now, but I'm curious!
^^**He's not a possible parent for the chicks, as he's long gone. He was one of the first rooster's we had!

However the two hens in the pictures are possible parents of the chicks.

And I was wondering what breed the rooster is in some of the photos?? He's gone now, but I'm curious!
^^**He's not a possible parent for the chicks, as he's long gone. He was one of the first rooster's we had!

However the two hens in the pictures are possible parents of the chicks.
Here's a better pic of the rooster (who, I repeat, is NOT a possible father of the chicks. just curious what breed he was)
IMG_6122.PNG

Back
Top Bottom