What are the possible mixes for my young chickens?

I'm talking about the more brown in in the pictures. Look at the second picture.
What breed is she? And I was wondering, what breed is the girl right next to her?

They are both standard sized (not bantams).

And I was wondering what breed the rooster is in some of the photos?? He's gone now, but I'm curious!
^^**He's not a possible parent for the chicks, as he's long gone. He was one of the first rooster's we had!

However the two hens in the pictures are possible parents of the chicks.
I saw the golden girl. The silver girl I'm thinking maybe a mix.

He appears to be an American Game, what strain, is hard to know. What happened to him?

The Silver Duckwing cockerel could be OEGB X Sebright, but he's too silver for that.

Maybe he's OEGB X Silver mystery hen? I was sure there was Modern Game, but I guess some one passed down really long leg genes.

I know 100% she's not a mix. I thought she was ardenner the whole time?? She was part of a rare breed "package" gifted to us by a friend years ago, and ardenners are rare and she looks like one, so that's what I thought she is.
I gotta look up that breed, since I've never heard of it.

I know 100% she's not a mix. I thought she was ardenner the whole time?? She was part of a rare breed "package" gifted to us by a friend years ago, and ardenners are rare and she looks like one, so that's what I thought she is.
Wrong leg color, feathering is too loose, & the earlobes are white. Not an Ardenner.

He was butchered. We needed to make space for new cockerels, although I absolutely LOVED the coloring on him. We tried to hatch chicks hoping that he fathered him, but there was a more dominant rooster that fathered ALL the chicks we hatched that year.
Couldn't you have gave him his own area?

The first one has buff Cochin as one parent. Could be the OEGB cock over a buff Cochin bantam hen, or the buff Cochin cock over a more slender type hen. Maybe the large OEGB, Arndenner or maybe Sebright, although that is less likely because you'd expect the offspring to have the Sebright rose comb.

The second one is more confusing. It is silver based and has indications of lacing at the breast. So one parent at least is silver based and one is probably laced. But the comb confuses things. It's of the type that usually results when a Polish is crossed with a single comb breed, yet there is no crest. Hmmm. Are any of your Polish hens laced? What color are your standard game fowl hens?

As stands, I would guess that he is either the game bantam cock over a Sebright hen, or the Sebright cock over the Lakenvelder.

Couldn't you have gave him his own area?
No, at that time (years ago) we didn't have space. We were still finishing up the coop and we were hatching chicks so we needed space for any possible cockerels that would've hatched.

I'm hoping to get another beautiful rooster like him in the near future, though.

Back
Top Bottom