what are the quietest breeds of ducks?

My Mallard is LOUD, the whole neighborhood can hear her especially when she is upset! And my khaki campbell never shuts up!! I think I got two of the quakiest ducks ever!
lol.png

I have heard the scovies grow on you, many people don't like the look but once they get them, they fall hard for them...

Quote:
I didn't like the look of skovies either til someone gave me a drake and hen. The hen is the quietest duck I've ever had and stays in one place just watching. The drake is a bit selfish with food but he's soo comical!! He's HUGE yet when I have treats he'll jump for them! I can barely hear him make any noise either!

Keene's coop :

i heard call ducks are very noisey

Do some youtubing
lau.gif
for teeny ducks, they are LOUD

Does anybody know how loud silver appleyards are?​

Quote:
Do some youtubing
lau.gif

Does anybody know how loud silver appleyards are?

I don't know if they are loud or quiet but I do know they can fly very well! if you want them to stay in your back yard, they have to have the flight feathers on a wing clipped regularly, what a headache... I am dreading doing that for my hybrids today.... what can I say, I need them for egg laying and they are flying around their yard despite the extra corn I give them to make them too fat to fly... ugh.

I think silver appleyards are BEAUTIFUL though... Defintely get a hen for the colors.

Quote:
Do some youtubing
lau.gif

Does anybody know how loud silver appleyards are?

I don't know if they are loud or quiet but I do know they can fly very well! if you want them to stay in your back yard, they have to have the flight feathers on a wing clipped regularly, what a headache... I am dreading doing that for my hybrids today.... what can I say, I need them for egg laying and they are flying around their yard despite the extra corn I give them to make them too fat to fly... ugh.

I think silver appleyards are BEAUTIFUL though... Defintely get a hen for the colors.

Silver Appleyards do talk. I am not sure I would call them noisy but they are noisier than Cayugas. They are a real treat to have and are very personable. Silver Appleyards and Dutch Hookbills are my favorite breeds right now. Silver Appleyards don't get more than 2 feet off the ground and have never "flown". Just kind of jumped flapping their wings.

The Appleyards have many variations in color. I have had a very silvery white drake, a drake resembling a large mallard, and a duck without the white on the shoulders. All of these are the result of the Appleyard genotype. They have the same meat and egg laying characterisitcs as a Appleyard that meets breed standards. I have not bred these non-standards.

Appleyards are superior egg layers. However, they eat alot of food and not the most economical if you want to sell the eggs. But if you can get past that, they are wonderfully intelligent fun ducks. They will peck at your feet and eat out of your hands.

Back
Top Bottom