What are the trending breeds in your area right now?

Sorry, don't have the 'puter for daylight pictures. She has the goggle thing which isn't really helping because the thing won't stop eating eggs! And all those scattered about their feet.
You can't tell, but she's much lighter colored and softer feathers than the rooster.
IMG_20190503_1702081_rewind.3.jpg

You won't really know what your pullet is until you breed her, of course.

She's very beautiful!

Yes of course I won't know until we get some of her babies but it sure is fun guessing.

Actually I didn't breed her I got her from a friend that also breeds English Orps and a lit of my stock is from her. She also breeds blacks into the lavenders. However we both got some mauve showing recessive white from another friend. I believe his original stock came from Papa's Poultry but I'm not sure on that. Anyway beautiful stunning birds.

My friend bred the recessive white and then later rehomed her. She did keep 1-2 of her daughters' though. Hence the recessive white possibly cropping up again. Or a lavender also carrying mauve or blue. Who knows.

I'll do some test breeding with her for sure. She's in with my lavenders right now but I will move her in another week or two into our black, chocolate, chocolate cuckoo, mauve group.

I originally was given a cockeral that was the recessive white and that was before any of us knew how these white birds had cropped up. Unfortunately I didn't know they were genetically mauve at first and I didn't have a pullet at the time. I rehomed him to a home as their only rooster for a flock of hens.

You better believe I wish I had kept him. A lot of people would cull the recessive white. I like it and would like to develop it. It's stunning. Not a strong white more like a cream with dark eyes and grayish legs.

We've no clue where it came from and that makes it odd. It's a mystery that I was to unravel and understand.

Maybe my possible lavender blue pullet can also help me with that.

I always just assumed if both genetics were present that one would dominate. I'm not sure why I thought that though.

Back
Top Bottom