• Mille Fleur d'Uccle
  • Porcelain d'Uccle
  • Barred Plymouth Rock
  • Black Frizzle Cochin
  • Mottled Cochin
  • White Crested Black Polish
  • Buff Brahma
  • Welsummer

There are no pictures of the green queen which is why some people thought that but they remind me in no way of any Easter egger that I’ve seen.

It’s a low grade mystery that’s been driving me nuts!

41E94496-89B2-430D-85FD-D37FB076C05C.jpeg
777C23B6-CD0F-4FBC-B849-D8066E45AA75.jpeg
667A6835-222C-4149-8A4A-761D3DC126F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 5652BD03-B4A8-4431-8C02-553E087825A9.jpeg
    5652BD03-B4A8-4431-8C02-553E087825A9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
So I placed an order of 5 sexed fayoumi from MPC but they had a minimum of 9 chicks for bantam orders so I just added 4 “assorted bantams.” Based on the day old pictures I thought I had 1 black silkie, 1 buff silkie, and 2 buff bantams but I’m curious what ya’ll think now that they are 8 weeks old. No one is crowing yet but I think that the buff silkie is a cockerel. Could be wrong though and not sure about the others but I think the silkies are a male and female. The buffs are starting to look Like millies because of the spots but maybe they just have mf genes to miniaturize them. This is my first flock of chickens in years.

Possible breeds:
  • Silkies (White, Blue, Black, Buff)
  • Easter Egger
  • Green Queen Easter Egger
  • Mille Fleur d'Uccle
  • Porcelain d'Uccle
  • Barred Plymouth Rock
  • Black Frizzle Cochin
  • Mottled Cochin
  • White Crested Black Polish
  • Buff Brahma
  • Welsummer

View attachment 2856300

View attachment 2856304

View attachment 2856297

View attachment 2856298
View attachment 2856303
I think you have bantam green queens. I have 7. A red one with the head feathers and feet feathers.and a black one with gold on her neck no head feathers smooth legs. Two are black silkied one with feet feathers one with head feathers. I even have one blue and one almost white. mine are turning out pretty. Can’t wait to see what color eggs they lay.

So we got rid of the brown rooster (and our two fayoumi roosters). We hung on to the black one, my hubby named him Winston (a character we love from one of our favorite TV shows). I want to try a breeding project (which I will post about in the proper forum). In looking at breeds I want to add, I came across a breed called a Svart Hona. Its similar to an Ayam Cemani in that its fibromelanstic. In all the descriptions, people say it has that green sheen, it is a small fowl breed (3-6lbs) and most importantly black or otherwise mulberry comb and wattles.

There is no question that Winston is a mix. he's got 5 toes, feathered feet, not to mention the coloring. BUT could it be possible that he has Svart Hona in him? His black color is dead on based on pictures and he has black skin, wattles and comb (still after he has matured) but I think silkies could bring that to the table. Greenfire Farm sells chicks SR for $100/chick. And in my research, I came across a page (only found through a google search) on MPC listing Svart Hona hatching eggs. They're "unavailable" so I contacted them and was told that they have never sold Svart Hona but were unsure if there were plans to offer them (sometimes in the interest of speed websites will make the page for an item but not link the page to anything so it can be published the second its available but I can't think of any reason it would be live but not linked beforehand).

I also can't think of any good reason that they would mix a Svart Hona into a hybrid but not sell Svart Hona. Maybe they are still building the SH flock and chose to mix in birds to Green Queen rather than culling. But then I can't see why that would further the GQ breed as the SH don't lay colored eggs.

I think you have bantam green queens. I have 7. A red one with the head feathers and feet feathers.and a black one with gold on her neck no head feathers smooth legs. Two are black silkied one with feet feathers one with head feathers. I even have one blue and one almost white. mine are turning out pretty. Can’t wait to see what color eggs they lay.
Id love to see some pictures of yours! I can't find pictures anywhere! Can you post them here?!

The "Green Queen Easter Eggers" are Silkie crosses, you can see the 5 toes on their chick photos. I'm betting they are an off shoot from their silkied easter eggers which are also Silkie crosses

Back
Top Bottom