What are these dumped chickens?

That's because he is a mixed breed who does not have a single comb. I recommend having them in a bachelor pad. 9 roosters need 100+ hens.
Most of them are Japanese bantams and they each have 7 hens. Only two of them are large and they have their own girls and coops and yards on separate areas of the property. One of them is a barnavelder but he is handicapped and lives with his protector my giant red rooster.
I counted its 8 not 9. 5 are bantams then the three boys above.

Most of them are Japanese bantams and they each have 7 hens. Only two of them are large and they have their own girls and coops and yards on separate areas of the property. One of them is a barnavelder but he is handicapped and lives with his protector my giant red rooster.
Okay, thats a lot better. Thanks for taking them in! Unfortunately, I cannot, for biosecurity, but that is really kind of you. Who knows where they may be without you! ❤️

Is that bad? I have no fights or stressed hens, most of my hens (the big ones)are VERY old and the only helath issues I've had have been recently, and I assume it is cause they are getting g so old.
Okay, thats a lot better. Thanks for taking them in! Unfortunately, I cannot, for biosecurity, but that is really kind of you. Who knows where they may be without you! ❤️
Thank you. I'm a farm of misfits. My donkeys were rescued from a military base after being used for target practice, my fainting goats were being g used as predator bait in a herd of cows, and my dog was thrown from a moving car.
My main coop is my old gorls who I got many years ago. And I've done my best to keep rescues quarantined and away from them. I have shoes for each barn/coop, and sanitize my hands constantly.
I am lucky to have my farm house and my MIL farm house right next to each other, so we have twice the property together to have room for the animals.

Someone dumped two chickens, one hen and one rooster I thought. The one I think is a hen stands and walks and looks and acts like a hen, but was crowinh wierd crows, and the rooster wasn't crowing at all.
I'm working on catching them and will give them a good home. I just would like some help figuring out what they are. If this is a hen, or an odd rooster. They act like a rooster/hen. "She" stays behind him, comes when he calls for food, he stands guard over her while she dusts and scratches, etc. I'm so confused.
Welsummer cockerel and marans mix cockerel. Great job with the rescue!

Back
Top Bottom