What are these? Graphic image.

LilFox

Chirping
Jul 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
EEB71467-1464-40EC-9BE7-6B907A3023BD.jpeg
8A712B11-60FB-4F1F-A925-1408A08E616C.jpeg
We just processed our 1st 6 roosters and found these in one. Are the discolored kidneys? Are they eggs and it was a hen? My husband has processed tons of birds and has never seen them before.

Testicles.
Yeppers!
You can take them out and the Roo stay alive with a little practice, and he'll become a Capon. No more crowing, docile as a hen, and the meat is tender for a rooster, plus you get that great old bird flavor without the toughness. look online for videos of how to caponize a roo. After doing it a time or two, it's pretty easy and totally worth the reward. They even sell caponizing kits online. Good luck!
:drool

Yeppers!
You can take them out and the Roo stay alive with a little practice, and he'll become a Capon. No more crowing, docile as a hen, and the meat is tender for a rooster, plus you get that great old bird flavor without the toughness. look online for videos of how to caponize a roo. After doing it a time or two, it's pretty easy and totally worth the reward. They even sell caponizing kits online. Good luck!
Thank you for the information! I’m VERY interested in this!

Yeppers!
I think it would be best to have a vet do it tbh. It's extremely painful for the bird without anesthetization

https://www.humanesociety.org/sites/default/files/docs/hsus-report-caponizing-chickens.pdf

Back
Top Bottom