What are these? Graphic image.

LilFox

Chirping
Jul 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
EEB71467-1464-40EC-9BE7-6B907A3023BD.jpeg
8A712B11-60FB-4F1F-A925-1408A08E616C.jpeg
We just processed our 1st 6 roosters and found these in one. Are the discolored kidneys? Are they eggs and it was a hen? My husband has processed tons of birds and has never seen them before.

Sequel

Enabler
6 Years
Feb 17, 2015
Kitsap County, Western Washington

EggWalrus

Free Ranging
Aug 14, 2017
Southeast Alabama
Testicles.
Yeppers!
You can take them out and the Roo stay alive with a little practice, and he'll become a Capon. No more crowing, docile as a hen, and the meat is tender for a rooster, plus you get that great old bird flavor without the toughness. look online for videos of how to caponize a roo. After doing it a time or two, it's pretty easy and totally worth the reward. They even sell caponizing kits online. Good luck!
:drool

LilFox

Chirping
Jul 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Yeppers!
You can take them out and the Roo stay alive with a little practice, and he'll become a Capon. No more crowing, docile as a hen, and the meat is tender for a rooster, plus you get that great old bird flavor without the toughness. look online for videos of how to caponize a roo. After doing it a time or two, it's pretty easy and totally worth the reward. They even sell caponizing kits online. Good luck!
Thank you for the information! I’m VERY interested in this!

FowlWitch

Songster
Jun 11, 2019
California
Yeppers!
I think it would be best to have a vet do it tbh. It's extremely painful for the bird without anesthetization

https://www.humanesociety.org/sites/default/files/docs/hsus-report-caponizing-chickens.pdf

Top Bottom